Chapter 1

You ran through the dark alleyway, feet splattering in the puddles, the cold rain hitting your skin, every drop felt like glass.
Looking back to see if you had lost them, you hid behind a corner panting, leaning against the cold concrete wall of a random abandoned building, hiding in the shadows.

You heard screams nearby and the running steps of the people following you, it was hard to tell how far they were because of the cacophony caused by the heavy rain.
You peeked behind the corner and saw the flash lights, blinding you.

Shit

They found me

You turned again and kept running, downtown was like a maze and unlucky for you, you didn't know the way around. You sprinted, turning at every corner and trying to push bins in the way so that they would trip, hoping to slow them down.

Your legs were burning, a contrasting feeling from the freezing weather. The white shirt you had on and clung to your skin with every movement and your bare feet had began aching after running barefoot for so long. Your skin had a purple hue from the cold, but you couldn't let them get to you. You had to escape.

Sprinting through the narrow alleyways you looked back, seeing the shadows haunting you, lights flashing. Turning right you dashed in the rain before stopping at a dead end, looking around desperate for an escape you tried to analyse the area but you were only surrounded by concrete. There was no hiding place, no stairs to a roof, no place to climb over a wall. You were stuck.

The 3 figures caught up to you, they now stood at the end of the alleyway and smiled, breathing heavy as they slowly made your way to you.

"You have no where to run"

You panicked, looking around for anything to help you escape, defend yourself. You picked up a random metal pole you found on the floor and held it with both hands, as if it was a bat. Moving back with every step they took forward, until your back was fully against the wall.
Staring back at them you clenched your jaw, tightening your fists around the weapon.

"I'm never coming back" you hissed,

One of them chuckled lowly, "It seems like you don't have a choice"

You looked up, meeting his eyes, anger and determination shone in them. You tilted your head, smirking, "We'll see about that".

Lifting the metal pole you swung straight at the man in front of you.

Dabi was taking his usual night walk, patrolling in the roof. He was sitting on the edge of a building, savouring the cold air and each drop of rain that fell on him, in his hair, his clothes, his face.

He always liked the chill weather, it was a refreshing change from the constant burning he felt whenever he used his quirk. It numbed the pain that often lingered days after.

Looking up at the sky with his eyes closed Dabi felt the rain drops fall on his face, his hair, his clothes. Running through every single curve on his body.

This moment of relaxation was however interrupted by the distant shouts of men in the street below. He heard running, saw a feminine figure sprint somewhere around a corner and 3 shadows following.

This area of town was always empty, that's why he came here often, to finally be at peace and by himself. So who were those people below?

Curiosity sparked in him and he stood up, looking carefully at where the men were headed. Hopping onto the next roof, making sure not to lose sight of them, he began following the men, in hopes that they would make this uneventful night fun.