seventeen

i walked out of george's room to see george and nick sitting in the living room, chatting and watching some t.v. "hey guys, i'm heading out for a bit. see ya!" i smiled at them, heading out the door. "bye!" they both called. i got into the second car we rented and headed off to the salon.

i arrived in the parking lot of the salon in 10
minutes. 'that was a quick drive' i laughed. i love getting my hair done. i already had an idea of what i wanted to get done

i walked inside of the salon, automatically getting greeted by the receptionist. "hello!" i beamed as i walked through the door. "hello! do you have an appointment scheduled with us?" "mhm! my name is y/n." i smiled at her.

she looked around 30. her hair was cut in a short, light brown bob that sat just below her chin.

"alright! go ahead and go to the waiting room, a stylist will be out to do your hair in a moment!" i thanked her and sat down

after a few minutes of waiting, i heard someone call, "y/n?" "that's me!" i said as i sat up

she had me sit in a chair in the car right of the salon. "so... what are we thinking today?" she smiled. "i'm thinking maybe getting these strands colored," i said motioning to the strands of hair framing my face, "and then the underneath, like a halo effect type of thing."

"yes i can do that! you'd look so good with that!" she complimented. "thank you! i'm thinking maybe getting it blue?" "yep! sounds good! i'll be right back." she told me, walking to the back room, to get the dyes i'm guessing.

she came back and started lightening my hair where it would be dyed, since i have dark brown hair. we chatted as she did her work.

she rinsed out the lightener and started putting the blue in. "so, how old are you?" she asked, making small talk. "i'm 19 right now, but i'm turning 20 in around 2 months. how about you?" i smiled at her. "i just turned 20!" she beamed. this girl was very nice.

we talked the rest of the time she did my hair. when i was finished, she handed me a small, handheld mirror. i gasped as i looked at my hair.

"wow! this is... amazing!" i beamed. i already felt 10x better. "thank you, so much!" "you're totally welcome! you look beautiful!" she responded.

"thanks! and before you go, could i get your number or snapchat? you seem super cool." she nodded her head and put her number into my phone. i waved goodbye, paid for my hair, and quickly walked back to my car.

once i sat down, i began to get very nervous. what will the boys think? will they think i'm rude for leaving them alone for almost 4 hours just to get my hair done?!? what will clay think??

i calmed myself down. it's my hair anyways, so i don't care what they think. why would it be their business anyways.

i blared my music, singing along to it, as i drove back to clays house. when i pulled in the driveway, i put the car in park, and hopped out of the car. i was glad i decided to get my hair done. it was time for a change. it was time for me to go full me.

confident. fierce. me

i walked through the door and immediately made eye contact with every single one of the boys, their mouths gaping open

"yeah yeah. i hey i'm gorgeous. no need to stare." i giggled, heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. even with my back towards them, i knew they were still staring. "take a picture boys, it'll last longer" i winked

after teasing them for a bit, i sat down with them in the living room. they were acting normal now, but i would still get the often glance.

"so, what do you guys think? i decided it was time for a change, and i wanted the old me back. so, here i am!" i gleamed

"y/n you look great!" george responded

"yeah, the blue really brings out your eyes," nick added

"i-" was all clay could say. why was he acting so strange?? whatever.

we all just chilled for the rest of the night. we watched a few movies, and i ended up falling asleep with my head resting on george's shoulder.

around 1 hour later, george woke me up. "y/n, you should probably go talk to nick. i'm about to talk to clay." he told me.

i nodded my head and made my way to nicks room. before entering, i took a deep breathe. i opened the door to see nick just chilling on his bed. "sup, y/n!"

"hey, can we, um, can we talk?" i was super nervous. i didn't want to hurt nick, but he needed to know the truth.

he nodded his head as i continued to speak. "listen, last night, i was really screwed up in the head. i didn't really know what i was doing. nick, i- i like clay. more than just a friend. and yeah, i like you too, just not in that type of way. and i need you to understand that the kiss last night, it, it shouldn't have happened. i'm sorry..." i trailed off.

nick seemed upset as he said, "yeah, i get it y/n. your feelings for clay are pretty obvious, but i thought since you kissed me last night, maybe i had a chance. but, i get that you were just super confused last night and i'm sorry for letting you kiss me. it wasn't right."

i sighed as i gave him a hug, "thank you for understanding nick." "of course, y/n"

i got up and left nicks room. that went easier than expected. i walked out into the living room, but george wasn't there to talk with me. instead, clay was sitting on the couch, almost like he was waiting for me.

i stopped in my tracks, nerves rising again. clay stood up and walked towards me. "y/n, we need to talk," was all he said before he grabbed my wrist (gently) and brought me to his room.

_______________________________

an: so,,, this chapter had lots of stuff happening. i'm really happy with how it turned out!

let me know if you have any suggestions or anything that you want me to see, i'll be reading all comments! i just cant respond because my app is all messed up smh

sorry for the late update.... i was busy watching tommy and tubbo's streams today. lots happened today!

anywayssss... make sure to vite if you like this chapter aswell! it means the world to me :)

make sure you have an amazing day/night and drink water!!

you are loved! <3

1168 words