Lost Trust

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

The five guild members screamed at Erza, before Lucy bolted out of her chair crying Natsu's name as she ran out the doors.

"Lucy wait! I'm coming too!" Happy followed after her.

"I can't believe you Erza out of all people how could you say that to Natsu! You know how he feels about that!" Wendy shouted

"I am very disappointed in all of you!" Carla directed her anger towards everyone before she and Wendy stormed out following after Lucy and Happy.

"Y'all should be ashamed of yourself! Treating poor Natsu like that!" Bisca screamed before stomping out the building

"Out of all Fairy Tail members Natsu is the most loyal one of all! And you go and treat him like this!" Alzack shrieked before following after his wife.

After that the 7 guild members went in search of the pink haired goofball they adored so much. Lucy the most was desperate to find Natsu, to apologize for the rotten way she treated him and to beg for forgiveness...she had not stopped crying since.

"That little rascal's gotta be hidin' round 'ere somewhere." Bisca scratched her head as the group had been searching for over 2 hours to find their lost dragon slayer.

"Well there is one place we haven't checked yet." Alzack spoke softly despite the fear he was feeling.

The others shook with terror

"If the little rugrat did go there an' I'm bettin' he did-"

She was interrupted as Lucy dashed away from the group heading towards the forest as the others stood fearfully in place.

"Then the big guy ain't gonna be too thrilled ta see us."

...back in Igneel's cave...

Natsu was still peacefully asleep within his father's embrace, until he caught a whiff of...her! Natsu jumped and ran farther into the back of the cave.

So they actually have the guts to come here? Igneel thought

"NATSU!!!" before Lucy's voice rang throughout the cave

Lucy ran up to Igneel holding Happy in her arms, tears streaming down her cheeks staining her shirt.

"Please! I need to talk to Natsu! I need to apologize!"

"Well that all depends on if he wants to speak to you or not..." he glared at her but she didn't seem scared in the least, in fact she looked more desperate than frightened.

"...and considering the fact that he's hiding from you, it's safe to assume that he has no intention of speaking to any of you at the moment." Igneel growled before then taking a deep breath to calm himself.

"I had expected far more from the ones my son called family..."

Lucy felt another wave of guilt wash over her, now unable to look the dragon in the eyes.

"Please Igneel! Give us a chance to explain." Lucy turned to see Bisca, Alzack, Romeo, Wendy, and Carla now enter the cave, Bisca was leading the pack.

"Hmp...Isn't that exactly what Natsu asked of you?" Igneel's glare was now fixed on everyone.

Lucy let out a choked sob as she was now shaking, Bisca walked up to the girl and put her hands on the girl's shoulders. Then Happy finally spoke up.

"But the rest of us were on jobs at the time and didn't even know about what happened until we got back! And Lucy feels terrible about how she treated Natsu and the others are really disappointed with how the guild acted and that's why we're all here!"

"Well I've already heard Natsu's side of the story...so care to tell me yours." Igneel spoke calmly

Lucy was first to speak, taking a few deep breaths to calm herself before explaining...

...

"When Natsu took the job we were confused at first as to why he had left without Happy since the two are always together, but later just choked it off as Happy wanting to hang out with Carla since she and Wendy took a job at the same time...But then a couple days before Natsu got back Gray came bursting into the guild waving a newspaper in the air and looking really pissed. Honestly we couldn't believe what we were seeing at first but after rereading it a few times...the evidence didn't look good. It was an article on a village that was completely burned down by...a pink haired fire mage...And well given Natsu's...recklessness..."

Lucy choked a bit before continuing

"W-we believed it was really him..."

Natsu covered his mouth so that the others would not hear his sobbing, but to no avail. Everyone can hear him but thinking it be best to continue explaining tried their best to ignore. However hearing their little Natsu crying and sobbing broke their hearts.

"So after that we just sat and waited for Natsu to get back...and well you already know what happened when he got back..."

Lucy was now whimpering as the tears returned to her eyes as that horrible altercation replayed in her mind the same one she was a part of, that's when Bisca took over wrapping Lucy in a hug before giving their part.

"Alzack and I were on a job as well so we didn't hear what happened til we got back. But as we were walkin' back home we passed by the village Natsu took the job for, the villagers noticed our guild marks and asked if we were friends of Natsu and if we could give him a letter and 'thank you' gift. Of course we said yes, but when we got back ta the guild everyone was real upset an' Romeo stormed past us real angry. As soon as I said Natsu got a letter of appreciation and thank you gift for the village Erza snatched the letter out of my hand and read it outloud. The letter explained how grateful they were for his help, but also that..."

Bisca took a moment to breath

"That a wizard who uses Transformation Magic and Magical Drain was causing trouble for neighboring villages and...and that he took the form of Natsu and used his own magic to destroy an entire village...When she finished reading the letter that was about the time Wendy, Carla, and Happy got back and we all heard what happened."

They heard Natsu let out another choked sob.

"We're all real disappointed at how they all treated little Natsu. But you should know that Lucy here was the first to come looking for him. I can understand that Natsu feels real hurt for how he was treated and we ain't here to apologize for everyone they should do that on their own. But we are here to be sure that Natsu is ok and let him know that we would never treat him so wrongly and we are so sorry that he was treated like that in the first place."

Bisca patted Lucy's head

"And Lucy feels terrible about how she treated him."

I forgot to mention that Natsu and Lucy are currently dating at the moment.

"...please...I-I need to talk to Natsu...I need him to know how sorry I am and that I will do anything to earn his forgiveness." Lucy was so upset that you could barely hear her past all the tears.

Igneel thought for a moment before speaking

"As I had said before it is up to Natsu as to if he wants to talk or not."

He then turned behind him into the back of the cave.

"Natsu?"

The dragon slayer stood silent for a long moment but as they waited Happy couldn't take it anymore and flew out of Lucy's arms, pasted Igneel and into Natsu's.

"Please don't be mad at us Natsu! We're sorry! Please forgive us!" the blue cat cried into his big brother's chest.

"It's ok Happy you don't have to apologize. I know you had nothing to do with what happened...and the same goes for you guys too. I know you weren't a part of it so there's no need for you to apologize..." He patted Happy's head getting really choked up before continuing.

"But...Lucy...I'm sorry but..." Tears dripped down his cheeks

"...I just can't trust you right now..."