Chapter 17: Reacquainted

"What the hell were you thinking putting yourself in danger like that?!" Ryker roared in Blake's face as soon as they were back in the packhouse and in his office.

The battle with the rouges was over for now. However, it was clear that this was only of events that were soon to come. The office was a gray and black theme, which seemed to suit Ryker's style. Speaking of Ryker, he was seething in front of Blake while she gave him a blank expression on her face, being stoic. Blake was barely putting attention to Ryker at the moment. All she was doing was letting the information process and sink in about her mother. 

If the vampires really had her mother in their possession, then they would most likely use her as a bargaining chip against her. However, this brought more questions, why were the vampires doing this? What was their goal? What did it have to do with her? While she thought more and more about the situation, her mate grabbed her attention by snapping his fingers in front of her face.

"What?!" She questioned, swatting away Ryker's hands.

"What do you mean 'what?'" Ryker said. "I am talking about you disobeying my orders!"

"Last time I heard from Ms. Morgen and Ronald, I am your equal being the Luna of this pack," Blake stated, walking up to Ryker and thrusting her finger into his chest. "Meaning I can disregard your orders if I choose to do so!"

"You are not official the Luna yet!" Ryker grounded out. "Not until we have the proper ceremony. So whenever that happens, you will follow my orders like any other pack member! I am the Alpha and you control nothing!"

Blake stared at her Alpha mate in disbelief, like he had grown two heads. She called him an ass and ran out of the office, darting for outside. Ryker called after her soon realizing his mistake, but Blake was already out the front door, but not without many pack members watching their Luna run out with the look of dismay on her face. Blake ran into the woods and noticed that Ryker wasn't following her to her relief. She just needed to get away for a little while. 

Once Blake was satisfied with the distance, she stopped to rest. She sat on a nearby log and thought to herself "What did she do to deserve this?". Why did she have to deal with all of this drama? First, she was ripped away from her colony by her possessive werewolf mate. Second, she remembered that she was part supernatural and that she had parents. Thirdly, every time her mate always messes up any connection they'd seem to be developing. Worst of all the vampires have her mother.

While Blake was thinking things over, she heard noises from the bushes. She stood up and got into a defensive stance. A werewolf with dark-brown, matted fur and red eyes emerged from the lush of greens. In Blake's mind, the beast didn't look like an ally. It was rugged and wild-looking to be one of the wolves from the pack. Well, werewolves always look wild, but this one just looked nasty. The creature caught sight of Blake and its muzzle pulled back as if to give her a sinister smirk.

"Well looky here..." The wolf purred out. "Don't you look like a tasty thing?"

Blake felt nothing, but repulsion from its words. The tone in the beast's voice was raising a lot of red flags to Blake, danger, and mischief. The unknown wolf growled as he was closing the distance between them. Blake cursed in her head for not bring any weapons along. When the wolf was a few feet away from her, recognition flashed on his furry face. Its claw-tipped hands clutched its head as if it was in pain. Blake watched on in confusion, she knew she needed to get away, but she could help the feeling that she had met this strange wolf before.

Blake wanted answers. But howls were heard and they were close. Pack wolves emerge from the bushes and had the intruder surrounded. A couple of wolves shifted by to human form confirm with their Luna if she was all right. The wolves could've still communicated with Blake in their wolf-men state, but they figured that this approach would have set their Luna at ease. Blake was grateful for this. As the squad of pack wolves closed in on the rogue, three shots of arrows were launched at their feet. The wolves back away and were wildly scanning the woods to find out where they came from. A single glance at those arrows and Blake could tell that they were the same types of arrows her colony uses.

"Those were warning shots, mutts!" A female voice echoed. "But I promise the next ones won't be!"

One of the wolves found where the voice was coming from and pointed a claw-tipped finger at a treetop some ways away from them. Blake looked up and saw who it was, but she couldn't believe it. It was her long-time friend and fellow scout, Beth. Beth had some of the pack wolves in her crosshairs, her gaze landed on Blake. At first, she was at loss for words, but she recovered, came down from the tree, and dashed towards her friend. However, the wolves that were near Blake early, shifted back to their man-wolf state. However, Blake ordered them to stand and they hesitantly did so.

Beth made it to her friend and leaped into her arms. The two friends held each other with tears of joy fell from their eyes. They were so happy that they were reunited, but that moment was cut short-lived. Growls and snarls filled the air again and the rogue was trapped again by the pack wolves. 

"No! Don't hurt him!" Beth yelled and ran to help the rogue, which confused Blake a lot. Why would her care, much less help a supernatural for that matter?

Blake grabbed Beth by the arm and stopped her and gave her a questioning look.

"Beth, what is going on?" Blake asked. "Why are you trying to protect that wolf? What don't I know?"

Beth seemed like she didn't know how to respond for a moment. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and looked Blake in the eyes, giving her a serious look. "That's Ivan..."

Blake was shocked. No not just shocked, flabbergasted. She couldn't wrap her mind around this jaw-slacking revelation. She turned to the beast and caught it staring directly at her. Blake looked it in the eyes and watch deeply and she confirmed. It had crazed and rage-filled eyes, but behind that was the warmth of her past friend. 

"Ivan?" She whispered. Even though her tone was almost inaudible, the wolf nodded its head as it heard his friend.

---------------

Hey everyone! It's been a while. Sorry for not updating, but I hope you all can bear with me because I will be aiming to finish this book. And if you enjoyed this chapter don't for to vote!

-Songbird125