Chapter 4: The Chase Is On

After a long and silent drive, the three scouts made it back to their colony's camp. Dismounting from the back of Ivan's bike, Blake walked off trying to avoid any conversations with her teammates, but that wasn't going to happen. When she started walking towards the camp, she was tackled to the ground in a mighty hug by Beth, the brunette hair girl scout, teammate and long-time friend of the trio.

"Where the hell have you guys been?! I was getting worried!" Beth yelled griping Blake by the arms. "I mean, come on! These vampires could have been that hard to finish off!"

"Well..." Blake started off. "It's a long story and I really just wanted to rest up and-"

"Come on, Blake. You can't just try to act like nothing bad happened back there," Ivan cut her off walking over to the girls with Alvin in tow.

"He's right, Blake. We have to tell the chief about this," Alvin agreed.

Blake groaned with irritating, knowing fully well that he won't take this lightly.

They walked off to the big tent in the center of their camp. That is where the chief lives. It was a short and quiet walk, no one talked the whole way. Must be still trying to digest the fact that the alpha werewolf was Blake's mate. She thought it was all crazy! She never wanted to have a mate, I fact, she hates the supernaturals with a passion. It's there fault why the world is screwed up, well... more screwed. Because of that many innocent humans were dragged into their stupid war. Also, many lives are ruined.

When they approached the chief's tent, the two guards stationed at the entrance intercepted the scouts.

"Halt! State your business," One of the guards ordered.

"We, Team "B", have come to report mission success in retrieving the provisions," Ivan informed the guards. "Also we must discuss some pressing matters with Chief Goren."

"Wait here," The other guard command and slipped inside the tent.

The team waited for five minutes until the guard came back out.

"You may enter," Blake rolled her eyes and entered with her friends.

The thing is, Chief Goren treats Blake like his daughter, doesn't understand why she has to go through these meaningless processes. The scouts walked through the second layer of blind for the tent and came to face a mid-aged, average height, stout man brown hair with a little bit of gray in it. The old man raised his head and smiled at the group.

"Thank goodness, you made it back," He breathed a breath of relief. "How did it go?"

"We came to report that our mission was successful, sir," Ivan reported. "Also we having alarming news to tell you."

This made the gentle old man to serious and hard-faced. "Go on."

"We during our scouting, we encountered some vampires," Ivan started.

"Vampires?! This far out?" Chief Goren asked very concernedly about the matter.

"Yes, we took care of most of them, but one managed to escape," Alvin added.

"This is not good if that's true than the vamps will surely send a recovery team after us. This means we have to leave tomorrow the earliest," The chief said with a grim look on his face.

"There's more, sir," Ivan continued.

"Continue," Ivan then looked at Blake to pick up where he left off. "Well?"