23. Cici

Waking up in Ash's arms was utter perfection, after all the festivities from my induction to the pack we slept for the whole of Thursday! It was now 1am on Friday as I woke and untangled my naked body from the warmth of my mate. Maya whined in my head at the deception and leaving her mate. 'It's ok, we will come back having saved our birth pack' i think, trying to get her to be fully on my side. She whines again but I can feel her agree and submit to my plans.

Glad I waited until today as my heat was now over which meant travelling wasn't as much of a worry for me as my scent was back to normal and not ten times as potent and inviting to any male wolves I go by. I creep out of the room and into the spare room where I had clothes ready, with some spare sets in a bag for shifting on my way. I set it up in here so that there was no risk of waking Ash up while getting ready.

I go to the kitchen and take my leftovers out the fridge and devour them to keep my energy up during my journey and fight ahead. I pull the note I had written to Ash out of the bag and set it up against the kettle so he would see it when he made coffee. I also left a note for Darius in his office so that he didn't think I had forgotten what his job was within the pack.

I just had to do this alone.

I took one last look at the home I shared with my mate and smiled... I couldn't wait for the rest of our lives to fill this place with memories and pups.

But for now I had to face my father... I just hoped that Ash could forgive my deception when i return.