PROLOGUE

Love.

Something that I've always believed in. Something my mom taught me is the most beautiful, precious thing in the world. Some people say gives your life a purpose, and some say it completes you.
Some say it's beautiful, some say it's pain. But for me it's her. She's love. She's the only meaning of love I've ever known, Anaaya.

She's beautiful, she's precious, she's pain. She's tough and she's strong. She's magic, she's unpredictable, she's fierce, she's everything to me.

I love her the way I've never thought it's possible, and I love every tiny thing about her I didn't know I'd love and I've lost count. And I still can't call her mine, but I knew since the beginning. I am hers. Only hers, more than I belonged to myself, I belonged to her.

Her touch is what I needed to live, her scent is what I needed to breathe, she's the one one my eyes always wanted to see. Every time my green eyes met with her brown ones, butterflies fluttered in my gut, fire ants crawled my skin, and I lost every inch of my heart to her in a battle she didn't know she won.

I haven't known the limits of desire I have for her, and if her beauty could kill I'd be a dead man countless times and still be reborn to catch a glimpse of her. Every moment I'm with her, I weave a string of words through my heart like a poet writing verses in the air around her, what she meant to me.

Only I wish I could show her, what she's to my eyes, only if I could make her love her, more than she would love me.

She could hate me all she want, accuse me, kill me drawing stakes through my heart. I would bear it all. But not even a single moment I could bear her hating herself.

But here I am in the darkness of night, under the stars, as they witness her turning her back on me and walking away leaving me in this darkness where I couldn't find myself without her.

Every drop of her tear burnt me into ashes, every ounce of her pain killed me a million times, I no longer know how many times I died seeing her hurt. Her dark eyes, the mirror of the night sky. No longer held the twinkle of the brightest stars. It was just darkness now thats surrounding me.

I've lost her. My Anaaya. And standing here with a stray tear, I wonder... will she ever love someone like me.