CHAPTER : 4 - WE ARE NEIGHBOURS!

Chapter : 4 - We Are Neighbours!

"Take care of yourself bhai, don't worry about us or dadu." Taran embraced me and I put my bag down and I smiled a little patting her back.

"I promise I'll take care of dadu." She said pulling away but hanging to my arm.

"I know you will, I trust you." I said and she chuckled.

"And bhai, I'm very sure you'll win your Annu back. And please win her back I'm tired of seeing your sour face." She mocked and I hit her head playfully.

"I will win her back." I said as if assuring myself more than her.

"You will." She said smiling. "She's very lucky to have you, everyone can see from afar you belong to her. I never thought, you had this side in you."

"Which side?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"You know, this lover boy side. Honestly, I never thought you'd fall in love like this for someone. You were really different when you were here." She said looking at the tiled floor of the airport thinking deeply.

"Uh-huh." I said as a grin broke from my lips.

"Were you always this romantic or you changed?" She asked me and I sighed.

"Or did you act of being so carefree and cool and dating that-" she asked me with furrowed brows and I nudged her.

"Okay, enough of my past. But Taran, remember one thing. It might be late sometimes, to listen to your heart. But better it be late than rushing it. Give it sometime to figure out what it wants. What you feel for someone strongly is not always love. There's a very thin between falling in love with someone and feeling you fell in love with them. So, just be careful. Don't rush with your feelings. Okay?" I said her rubbing her cheek and she just nodded playfully and I huffed.

"You do understand what I'm trying to say right?" I asked her again and she punched my chest.

"Okay, okay! I do get it bhai, I know you are my big brother but you don't always have to get into the character. I know you're talking about Jahan, but trust me I know it. I love him bhai and he does too. I thought you'd understand, you are acting like dad. Right?" She asked me with an annoyed face.

"I understand Taran. But still, I'm your family. I'm your brother and I'd be worried for you. And I wouldn't even be here to keep an eye on you." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Geez. How I wish Annu had an elder brother and kept an eye on you. And warned her about you." She said started laughing.

"She did. And he was my best buddy. And how I really wish he warned about me and not the other way around. And he would have lived." I muttered to myself looking away.

"Hey, I was just kidding bhai. I'm sorry, I just forgot-"

"It's fine Taran, I didn't know why I said that." I smiled brightly at her trying to reassure. And she smiled back.

"Okay then, Aryan take care of yourself and your dad. And don't worry about your nanu. We're here for him. Just concentrate on your college. I'm sure you'll make us all proud." Maamu squeezed my shoulder standing behind me and I turned to him with a small smile.

"We are already very proud of him. He's a gem. A rarest one. Gurleen di would have been very happy to see him like this." Maami said to maamu while cupping my cheeks with tears in her eyes and I chuckled at her.

"Oye, don't laugh at me Nonu. Admit it you are just as emotional. Maybe more." Maami playfully slapped my cheek and I hugged her and a tear left her eye.