ten

charlotte taylor

The holiday break went by quickly, and so did the month of January. The only thing of interest to happen was the breakout from Azkaban.

"What are you wearing?" Georgina scrunched her nose as she eyed Rebecca's pink ensemble.

"It's Valentine's Day," Rebecca frowned, admiring herself in the mirror. She was wearing a pink, skin-tight dress and a fluffy red cardigan over it.

"You look horrid," Georgina rolled her eyes.

"You're just mad you don't have a Valentine,"
Rebecca sing-songed.

"Neither do you," Amber crossed her arms.

"Yes, I do," she pouted, "Graham and I together now."

"Nobody tells me anything," Amber folded her arms across her chest.

"Montague?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes," she grinned, rubbing the wand of her lip gloss across her lips.

"Are you going to Hogsmeade with him?" Amber asked with a huff.

"Of course!" she grinned, "We're leaving after breakfast!"

As we made our way up to the Great Hall, I was dreading today. This was my fifth year of
not having a Valentine, and, I was perfectly fine with being single, I just didn't like being alone.

As we entered the Great Hall, Luke Parker greeted us with a bouquet of flowers and several packages under his arms.

"Georgina Agnes Evans," he said loudly in a deep voice, "The love of my life-"

I grimaced as Georgina's nostrils flared and her hand tightened around her wand.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he grinned, outstretching his hand, offering his companionship.

"Get your hand away from me or you won't have one."

He gulped as he retreated his hand and watched her as she turned to the Ravenclaw table and take a seat next to Luna Lovegood.

"She's always with Loony Lovegood," he whined, "I'm clearly better."

I patted him on the shoulder lightly, looking into his hazel eyes, "Sorry, bud."

He trudged out of the Great Hall dejectedly.

I frowned as I took a seat next to Amber, who was scribbling furiously in a notebook.

"What are you doing?" I asked, peering over her shoulder.

"Georgina let me borrow her revenge notebook," Amber said, still focused on her writing, "I'm writing Rebecca's name in."

"Why?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"She ditched us for Montague," she frowned.

I stifled a giggle, "Do you wanna go to Hogsmeade together?"

"Yes!" she grinned, her mood lifting instantly.

"Okay," I smiled, piling food onto my plate, "We'll leave after I finish."

***

"Look how busy Madam Puddifoot's is," Amber pointed to the full tea shop, "Stupid couples."

I laughed as I pulled her away from the storefront, "Do you-"