Book 1 - Chapter 4

-Dragon-

   "Tell them the story why you were late to school today!" A younger wolf asked eagerly.
   Dragon smiled, "Well it was pretty much a normal morning, until some Dark wolves stopped me..." He kicked his head back, recalling the memory from earlier that morning.

...

   "Wh-what do you want!?" Dragon yelped at the two Dark wolves.
   They only smiled and drew closer. Dragon backed away, dimly aware he was pressing deeper into the dark alleyway.
   "Loki! Call off! This pup is with me" A voice called from the entrance of the alley.
   The two Dark wolves turned around to face a third wolf, however, he didn't seem to be a Dark wolf. He didn't seem to belong in any kingdom at all, and usually Dragon could tell.
   The third wolf came to stand between Dragon and the Dark wolves, "I repeat, call off"
   The two Dark wolves looked at each other and as one left, the other spoke out in a harsh, cold voice.
   "Keep better track of your charges next time, Wither" And he turned and walked away.
   Once they had left, the wolf called Wither cast back his hood and looked at Dragon.
   "Be careful, little one. There are hard times coming."
   Dragon nodded, "Who... Who are you?"
   "You can call me Oak, but if the time should come where you are in their midst; ask for Wither." He smiled. He handed Dragon an iron medallion and off he went, leaving Dragon to himself.

...

   "Sooooo cool!" The young wolf yipped, wagging his tail.
   "Those Dark wolves better not mess with you!" Another said.
   Dragon cast his eyes around each member of the table with a smile, and his eyes landed on Morning. The yellow wolf averted his eyes, but he didn't mind. There was something about her shyness that he just liked, and couldn't explain.
   Maybe it was just that she wasn't constantly talking to him, or asking him to relive his entire life, or maybe simply that she was someone new. But one thing was for certain... Dragon felt like he'd give just about anything to stay here with her.