Book 1 - Chapter 1

-Morning-

   Sunlight filtered into her room from the window. Morning's eyes snapped open and she rolled over. What a crazy dream that had been... she sighed and grabbed her dream journal to start jotting it down.
   Lets see... I was running down a forest road and-
CRASH. The sound made Morning jump up, the memory of the dream scared from her mind. Wh-what was that!? She went downstairs to look.
   "Gleam! I've told you to be careful with that thing!" Morning's mom, Moon, yowled from across the kitchen. Below her father's paws were the shattered remains of a yellow and black vase.
   "I-I don't know what happened! I was just carrying it and-and-"
   "ARE YOU A REPAIR WOLF OR NOT?! JUST FIX IT!"
   Morning's dad nearly dropped the shards again and quickly used his magic to fix the vase and transport it to its home. Morning gave a silent chuckle from the stairwell before walking out into the living room.
   From the stairwell, the living room opened up into the kitchen to the right, and the entrance hall to the left of the stairs. The kitchen then connected to the dining room further down.
   "Hey Mom, do you think we could take a walk before school?" Morning asked, her tail wagging.
   "Sorry honey, I'm too busy right now, maybe tomorrow." She said and then rushed off to dust off the counter.
   Morning sighed. Guess I'm also walking to the academy on my own... Sometimes she wondered if Mom really cared. She was always yelling at Dad, and never took any time to hang out with Morning. She said she was just busy, but... was she?
   The grandfather clocked chimed 7'o'clock. She had to get ready for school, or else she'd be late. She ran to her room, grabbed her bag, shoveled her schoolbooks inside, kissed Dad goodbye (Her mom was 'too busy'), and ran out the door.
   Morning was one of the privileged few that got to attend Arcane Dust Acadamy. It was the best magic school around, and the students got to learn about their powers, as well as the kingdoms, and what kinds of powers were in those other kingdoms. Morning wished she could live in Divum, Kingdom of Sky wolves, but you couldn't live there without a way to fly. When she was younger, she spent kindergarten classes dreaming that one day she would suddenly sprout wings and fly off into the sun to Divum. Dreaming. Dreams. Dream journal! She had totally forgotten! Well, too late now.
   A few minutes later, she had already arrived at the Acadamy with plenty of time to spare. She decided to sit down at one of the nearby benches and try to remember her dream.
   "Well well well... if it isn't Star Butt" A female voice mocked behind her, sending shivers down her spine.
   Nebula, and her gang of bullies.