Book 1 - Chapter 3

-Morning-

   Oh her first day at the Acadamy, Morning had been approached by Nebula, a blue-purple wolf with a white cape. It had been before she had assembled her group of bullies, but she was quick to make fun of Morning's bright yellow fur. No one else in the school was that color.
   But then the next year another yellow wolf joined the school. His name was Blueon, and he was the nicest in Nebula's group. There were rumors for a while that we was working to break up the bully gang from the inside. Whatever his cause though, he had persuaded the group to stop making fun of Morning's fur, saying it was "an insult to him as well." While Morning was grateful for the effort, but it had caused the bullies to mock the black star marking on her left side.
   It wasn't fair. You can't exactly change what you look like. Not unless you were Seeker anyways (Seeker had the power to change her fur color and markings). Nebula only got away with her schemes because according to the teachers: she was "too nice to ever hurt someone, now stop spreading lies and learn your math."
   "I wonder, what do misfits like?" Nebula teased, "I do hope it's not something you can't get." Morning looked away, she didn't want to deal with this today.
   "Oh don't tell me I'm right. Ha, as if I'd ever understand what a misfit feels. Unlike you, I fit in somewhere." The group chuckled around her. All except Blueon. Then the bell rang, and Morning rushed off to her classes, desperate to get away from Nebula.
   Her first class was History of Magicae. Mr. Songwire tutted while taking attendance.
   "Well... we are supposed to have a new face joining us today... Prifma pups always so self-absorbed..." He grumbled.
   Just then, the door burst open and a red wolf tumbled in. He was red as fire, and his eyes a brilliant gold. Around his neck hung a shiny orange pendant.
   "S-sorry I'm late, sir! Ran into some trouble in the city." He panted, walking to his seat.
   "Fine, but no more close calls or I'll have to punish you." Mr. Songwire rolled his eyes, "Class, meet your new classmate, Dragon. His family just moved here from Prifma. Now if you'll turn to page 75..."
   "Hey, Dragon is it?" Nebula walked over to them.
    It was morning break, and Dragon was talking animatedly about his life in Prifma to the table he was sitting at. Which happened to be her table. Why did Nebula have to come and ruin it all?
   "Yeah, thats me."
   Nebula smiled, "You don't want to waste your time with these pups, come sit with us." She gestured to her table.
   "G-go ahead, she's probably better worth your time..." Morning sighed and turned away. But Dragon didn't move.
   "Hmm, maybe next time" He said cheerfully to Nebula and sat back down, this time closer to Morning. Nebula gave a small scream of frustration and stomped back to her table.
   "I don't think I ever got your name." Dragon said to Morning, catching her off guard.
   "Oh! M-morning. My name's Morning" she stammered.
   He chuckled, "No need to be nervous, I don't bite. Though I get the feeling that she does" he looks over at Nebula, who was glowering at them from across the park.
   "Thats Nebula... None of the teachers will believe thats she's a bully." Morning explained.
   "I've had that happen before. Don't let her make you feel like you don't belong though. She's just trying to make you feel bad so that she feels better about herself." Dragon said.
   "Thanks..." Morning sighed. Did he really think she could belong somewhere?
   But if he did... maybe he was right.