Part 1: How Kick and Kendall Met

Kick is preparing to do a stunt with his skateboard while the new girl in town, Kendall, is walking peacefully on the sidewalk. Kick then goes off his ramp, and notices Kendall in the way.

"Watch out!" Kick yells at Kendall.

"Ahhh!" Kendall yells back thinking she's going to die.

Kick and Kendall fall onto each other and land into a mud puddle. Kick gets up and sees Kendall. He thinks she's really beautiful and wanted to say something nice, but the only thing that came was, "YOU RUINED MY STUNT!"

"Look at what you've done to my skirt! It's so dirty, thanks to you," snaps Kendall.

"Well, you were in the way," Kick says, beginning to lose his temper.

"Well, maybe you should be more careful!" Kendall begins to rage.

"I don't do 'careful.' I'm a daredevil! I only do AWESOME!"

"Awesome? That's not awesome. You should be more elegant."

"Elegant, 'shemelgant.'"

"Grrrr. I hate you so much!"

"Well... I hate you, you!"

"I hate you more!"

"I hate you to infinity!"
Kendall's dad comes outside. "What is all of this yelling?" He asks.

"Daddy! This boy did a stunt, fell on me, and ruined my top," Kendall whined to her father.

"Well, I'll be. You, boy! Come here and apologize to my daughter.."

"Yes, sir," said Kick, looking down at his shoes. "I-I'm sorry.."

"Humph. Apology accepted." Kendall and her father walked into their house.

"What's this?" Kick asked himself. "She's my next door neighbor!"

Kick saw Gunther running up to him from a distance. "Hey, Kick! What's taking so long over there?"

"It's that new girl. She's my next door neighbor, and she hates me," Kick says sorrowfully.

"Oh, you mean Kendall? Yeah, she's a real smarty. Moved here yesterday, because of her dad's work. She has a sister, but she lives with their mom in another state," says Gunther.

"How did you get all of this in just one day?"

"I asked Mr. Perkins, Kendall's dad."

"And, when did you do that?"

"Yesterday. When I saw them moving in."

"Oh, well, anyways... Kendall looks so beautiful and elegant..."

"Why don't you talk to her, then?"

"Because, she hates me."

"But you're Kick Buttowski and Kick Buttowski never gives up!"

"You're right, Gunther! I am Kick Buttowski and Kick Buttowski does not quit."

"So... Are you going to talk to her?"

"No, Gunther. I'm going to wait for the right time."

"Right time for what?"

Kick sighed, "Nevermind, Gunther. Let's try that stunt again."

"Oki-doki!"

Meanwhile, Kendall was in her bedroom looking out her window at Kick.

"Ugh! I didn't even get his name. I'll ask Daddy later."

Kendall looks at her pet cat, Hansel, as she begins to meow.

"What's that, Hansel? You think he's cute?"

Hansel meows again.

"Yeah... Maybe you're right. He does seem nice — even though he yelled at me saying that he hates me. I guess he probably does. He even told me that I ruined his stunt."

Kendall looks outside the window. She sees a room that seems to be his bedroom inside his house. She begins to stare at him as he lays on his bed staring at his ceiling. Kick then notices Kendall staring at him from her house. He grabs a piece of paper and writes "hello" on it. Kendall blushes.

I think she likes me, too. Kick thought to himself. She seems to be really elegant.

I think he likes me... He would have ignored me, if he hated me. Kendall thought, giggling. I really like him.