Final Part: Years Later

It has been many years since their first encounter. They're both in their teen years. And yet, Kick and Kendall refuse to accept that they have feelings for each other. Until the day Kendall snuck into Kick's house.

"Hey, Kick."

"Kendall?! W-What are you doing here?" It was only 7 A.M. when Kendall appeared in Kick's bedroom out of nowhere.

"Sorry, didn't mean to bother you."

"Then why are you here, Kendall?  You and I could get in trouble!"

"I wanted to return this." Kenall handed Kick something he left at school.

"Why are you giving this to me?"

"You left it at school"

"You could've waited 'til tomorrow to give it to me at school, or knock on the front door."

"I could have done that, but I... I wanted to see you."

"Why? You hate me." Kick's voice cracked.

"I-I don''t hate you. You hate me."

"I don't hate you."

"You would have left me to freeze to death years ago if it weren't for Gunther!"

"But I didn't. And, that's what matters."

"I didn't really come here to give you this."

"I kind of figured."

"I came, because I'm moving."

"Yes! Finally! You're leaving Mellowbrook1! WOO-HOO," is what Kick said, but not what he was feeling. He really felt sad that Kendall was leaving.

Kendall stood there. Giving Kick a death stare for his reaction. "I'm being serious, Clarence."

"So am I, Kendall," Kick said hoping that his real feelings were never revealed.

"I'm moving tomorrow."

Kick's mood became less eccentric. Instead of faking a smile to show his fake happiness, he actually seemed sad. "Y-You are?"

"Before I go, I wanted to do something I've never dared to do."

"What's that?"

Kendall leans over towards Kick and kisses him on the lips. Kick backs away. He was taken by surprised. They stare into each other's eyes for a brief moment, then Kick kisses Kendall. They held each other passionately.

After a short while, Kick's mom, Honey, yells, "Kick! Come down for supper."

"Can we see each other tonight?"

"Meet me at the gully in an hour."

Kendall climbs out of Kick's window, giggling. I can't believe I kissed Kick. This time it wasn't for any other purpose than because we wanted to.

Kick went down for supper.

After Kick finished eating supper, he went straight to the gully to see Kendall.

"Kick!" Kendall want to kiss him again, but didn't.

"Kendall, why are you leaving?"

"My dad... He's getting a new job."

"Kendall. I've loved you since we met. And, my only regret is that I never told you or anyone." Kick blushed.

"I-I" Kendall smiled ear-to-ear. "I love you, too, Kick."

"Please, stay."

"It's not my choice, Kick. I don't want to leave you. And, and... I know I've always seemed to hate you and all, but I... I didn't want anyone to know."

"I understand. I didn't want anyone to know either."

"Kick, forgive me."

"For what?"

"For never telling you. For always treating you so horribly." Kendall broke down into tears and hugged Kick. He hugged back.

"It's okay. I forgive you, Kendall."

"I'll come back to Mellowbrook. I'll come back for you, okay?"

"And, I'll stay here in Mellowbrook. No matter what."

They spent the night at the gully. Then, Kendall left. "I love you," the last words they told each other since.