CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20
Heads Start Rolling

×

We walked into the throne room and all the people in the room got quiet once they noticed the queens presence. They sat down on the chairs that had been placed down after bowing for a second. Their pets were seated next to them on their knees as usual.

I also noticed all the maids, including Sam, standing to the side. There were some guards ready to jump in if needed and a big guillotine that stood somewhere before the throne.

As we were walking towards the throne, I was really nervous and just focused my eyes on the ground and not the hundreds of people watching us.

She sat down on the black throne and I kneeled next to her. I noticed that a pillow was placed on the floor and was thankful for that. She tied my leash to the armrest of the throne and patted my head. I knew she could hear my heartbeat going really fast.

"I'm sure we're all looking forward to this event, so I won't keep us waiting any longer. Today will be an example of what happens to someone that touches my pet. Bring him in!"

I looked towards the entrance as Elijah was dragged in front of the throne. He looked weak due to the fact he hasn't had blood and he had his hands chained behind his back.

I watched as he slowly looked up and gave me a creepy grin. I quickly looked down and tried to breath regularly.

My master must have noticed my changing behavior and started gently scratching my head with her nails. I immediately felt calmer and leaned into her touch.

"Elijah Martinez, you are here by sentenced to death. Anything you wish to say as your last words?" The queen called out.

There was a deafening silence for a minute before he started laughing like a maniac. What about this is funny?

Before he could say anything else, my master sped down to him and gave him a few hard punches to his face. He started coughing up some blood.

She snapped her fingers and maybe a second later, a guard came up to her and gave her a whip. That's when I saw fear entering his eyes.

She whiped his back and I quickly squeezed my eyes close, as I heard the slashing noises through the air as it hit his back. His cries sounded through the room and he started begging her to stop.

When I didn't hear the whipping anymore, I carefully opened my eyes. Elijah was laying in a pool of blood and the queen had a sadistic look on her face.

She looked so terrifying like that. But then her black eyes landed on me and that scary look changed into something else. Protective and possessiveness.

She then grabbed Elijah by his hair and dragged him over the ground to the guillotine. She forced his head into the round hole and locked him in.

I once again squeezed my eyes closed, not wanting to see that scene unfold before me. I heard the blade fall down and then a thud. I felt a shiver going down my back, knowing that that was the head.

Then a minute or so later everyone started clapping and opened my eyes to see maids come in with glasses of blood. Apparently vampires celebrate after death.

I saw my master approaching me and looked at her.

"We will not be staying for the party, so I think it is time to go." Grabbing my leash, we walked out of the room. I swiftly saw Elijah's body still half attached to the guillotine and quickly turned my head around.

-

I already felt way more comfortable when we entered the chambers. I'm glad that is over. Now I don't have to worry about him anymore. Hopefully the others will also say away.

"Come here pet." I heard my master say. I looked to see her seated at the end of the bed. She had already taken off her crown and tie and had also undone a few buttons of her blouse. I went down on my knees and crawled to her.

"Thank you for behaving so well. I know you probably don't like violence, but now the issue is solved and we don't need to worry about him ever again." I let out a breath and hesitantly laid my head on her lap.

"Are you getting tired my angel?" I was surprised at the nickname, but I actually liked it. A tiny smile entered my face and I nusled closer in her lap.

"A little bit master, but I don't want to go to sleep yet." I heard her chuckle and then felt her cold hand caressing my cheek.

"How about you undress and then we can see if there is something we could do." I lifted my and nodded at her.

I stepped out of all my clothes and felt her watching me the entire time. After I was done, I put the clothes into a hamper of dirty clothes and went back to her.

"So do you have any activity in mind?" I couldn't think of anything at first but then remembered that I still needed to show her my improvements with reading.

"Could we please read?" I say after she comes out of her closet with some comfy clothes on. Her head turned to me with slight confusion.

"Thought you said you couldn't read?" I nodded and then quickly explained.

"Miss Catherine had been teaching me while you were away on business master." She sat in her bed and gave me a slight smile.

"Really? Well how about you pick a book and show me your progress." I got excited and quickly grabbed a book from the bookshelf. She patted her bed and I took that as my que to get on bed with her.

I sat next to her and opened the book on the first page. Taking a deep breath and concentrating on the words. I looked at my master and saw her nodding at me for reassurance.

"Their wash ones a g-gurl wit a mis-misch- um how do you say this word master?" I asked, looking nervously up to her. I really wasn't that good yet. My pronunciation was bad and I didn't know the long and difficult words at all, but it was way better than before.

"Let me see. Oh, that is mischievous. It's when someone causes trouble in an playful way." She explained to me, making me nod my head and continue with the story.

My master looked at me with a proud smile and I felt pride filling me, knowing I had done something good.