Hugs and Anxiety

Sykkuno decided to put the phone down, he couldn't write to him while driving. But first he set the volume at maximum, just to be sure.

He spent the next twenty minutes nervous. His friends seemed much calmer, joking about whether Corpse would have a mustache. The idea was funny but didn't fit Corpse's personality. Toast thought he would have tattoos and Jack was just giggling the whole time, refusing to divulge anything. He knew Corpse personally, but he answered any questions about his appearance that they would not be disappointed and they have to wait for him.

Finally they saw an approaching car, black how else, which began to park next to Sykkuno's. Everyone shut up and stared at the car.

"Guys I know you are curious, but try not to stare too much, he will be uncomfortable." Said Jack softly.

"Of course, we are not idiots." Rae replied, returning to even more staring. Sykkuno sighed and turned to Jack so he was sideways to the car. He awkwardly began a conversation with him on the subject of microphones. He needed to distract himself before Corpse came, otherwise he would have stared too. Jack seemed to understand.

Another five minutes passed,nothing happened, when Sykkuno heard a new discord notification from his phone. He unlocked it, knowing who had to write to him now.

Corpse: I don't know if I can do this.

Sykkuno: We won't force you, Corpse. But I'll be glad if I can meet you in person. It will be okay, there is nothing to fear except Rae's vocabulary.

Another minute passed with no response. Sykkuno bit his lip, he didn't want to push him.

Sykkuno: Should I send Jack for you?

Corpse: ...Could you come?

He stared at the cell phone in disbelief for a moment. He wanted to send Jack after him because they knew each other, hoping he could calm him down. Why did he want Sykkuno? He didn't mind, of course, but he was also very nervous.

"What is it Sykkuno?" he heard suddenly. He raised his head and looked at Toast in confusion. "You look like you've been hit in the head with a mallet." Toast said as he tried to eat the taco without all the filling falling out.

"Oh, nothing. Corpse just texted me to come for him." He got up, ignoring Rae's wide-eyed look. "I'll be back in a minute." Unless his knees break on the way out of nervousness. Sitting and waiting for him to come would be okay, but to go for him alone? But he will do it for Corpse, he was his friend and he wants to help him to be more comfortable.

He left his phone with his friends, he didn't want anything to disturb him when talking to Corpse. Then he walked slowly toward the cars, remembering on the way that he had to breathe regularly. Halfway through, he noticed that no one was sitting inside his friend's car, so he had to be hidden behind him. That was probably good, at least their friends wouldn't be watching them. He forced himself not to stop in front of the car and to go around it straight away, he did not want to make him nervous by standing out of his sight.

He stopped a few steps in front of a person leaning against the car door, his head bowed, eyes closed and with a mask over his mouth. He swallowed hard. He really looked different than he had imagined. He looked better. Corpse was only a few inches taller than Sykkuno, but more muscular. Not overly, everyone was more muscular than Sykkuno he was rather very athletic, but it was clear that he had not lied about his exercising. However, he guessed his clothes accurately, looser black trousers with chains, converse shoes, one-color T-shirt and a lot of metal jewelry with a few cute beaded bracelets with hearts. He had to smile.

Rather than his clothes, he was fascinated by his black curls, they were longer than he thought they would be, falling into his eyes. He wanted to touch them, they looked soft. Corpse also had a visible old scar next to his right eye and a few freckles on his nose disappearing under a mask. He had to remind himself again not to stare inappropriately. He here to help him, he can simp for him later. Which he also planned to do, Corpse was very handsome.

"Hey Corpse," he got quietly out of himself. "H-how are you?" He wondered how to help him when he was just as nervous about him.

"Trying not to have a panic attack." His deep voice trembled, it really wasn't good. Sykkuno also noticed that his hands were clenched into fists.

"Okay, how can I help you to calm down? Do you want me to breathe with you, talk to you or something else? A hug?" He doubted that he would choose the last option, due to what causes him anxiety, but he suggested all the options that had once helped him in a similar situation. He was determined to do whatever he chose. It hurt to see his friend like that.

"Can you talk about something?" Corpse said after a short pause. "Anything."

"What if I told you about my morning. Today's was especially awful. At night I forgot to close the window, and of course it must start raining today after weeks of drought. So I stood in the morning in the puddle instead of on the carpet, which of course surprised me. I was half still asleep so... uh okay, I will say it, I screamed like a girl. Not one of my best moments I must say." He spoke in a calm, almost soothing voice. He tried to avoid anything that would remind other people to Corpse, so a simple story about his day was best.

"After I turned the pool back into my room, I found I had nothing to eat, so I thought I'd make pancakes. I try not to eat too much sweet but who would resist pancakes. The problem was not to make them, I can cook, but to cook when a dog is running under your feet. When the third landed on his nose, I gave up. I'm terribly clumsy, I don't understand how I could have lived to that age." It seemed to help, he no longer looked so stiff.

"I haven't had a pancake in maybe a year." Said Corpse almost with his usual depth of voice. He slowly straightened his head and opened his eyes, looking at him. Sykkuno smiled shyly at him, again losing the confidence he had when he spoke a moment ago. He felt stupid, but even after almost a year when he knew him, he did not get rid of the nervousness in his presence, even on discord call. In real life it was even worse. He didn't understand why, he was shy but he never felt like that even in the presence of a girl he liked. Just Corpse.

"I'll cook some for you if you want." He cleared his throat and looked away. He should put himself together or others will notice.

"That would be nice of you." He opened the car door, took out the keys on which the cat pendant was swinging, and turned back to Sykkuno with a thoughtful look. He was already moving more naturally and relaxed, if Sykkuno can judge. It warmed his heart. "Is your previous offer still valid?"

"Huh? W-which one?" He stammered. He didn't make suggestions to him, or did he? Great, now he was blushing, so he quickly put his hand in front of his face.

"A hug one?" offered Corpse. If he did not notice his red face before, now he definitely had to. Well they will learn to live with it. He had more important things to do now.

He took a few steps cautiously toward him, still leaving room between them. Corpse smiled, at least it looked because little wrinkles appeared around his eyes. "Hi," he said and took a deep breath. Then he did one last step toward him and hugged him very slowly and awkwardly. If there was room left in Sykkuno's brain for this idea, he would probably wonder if it was because he wasn't used to hugging people often. Unfortunately his brain was filled with momentary sensations and feelings.

It was pleasant and somehow felt right. He felt like something warm and fluffy was rubbing against the inside of his ribs and purred. He didn't know the feeling, but he liked it.
Sykkuno tightened their hug and placed his chin on his shoulder. He felt the other man slowly relax completely and his breath calmed down. He thought for a moment, then he decided to carefully move his hand on his back and he began to stroke it. After a while, the hug was no longer strange in any way and neither of them seemed to want to end it. Sykkuno caught himself with his eyes closed and deliberately breathing through his nose to try to catch his scent.

He should probably think about his thoughts, because this was not quite common among friends.

Later.