Coat and Kiss

They packed things in silence. Sykkuno wondered if he had ruined it with his statement. Corpse is not blind, he must have noticed how strange he behaves. He just hoped he could blame this situation on his nervousness later. He didn't want to ruin their friendship by him... catching... feelings? Could it be true? No, there must be some other, acceptable explanation. Why couldn't he at least lie to himself.

They reached the cars, stacked blankets and pillows in Sykkuno's small car trunk and then came that awkward moment of silence. Sykkuno watched the laces of his shoes, afraid to lift his head up.

"It was nice to meet you, Sykkuno, I hope we can meet again in person someday." His deep voice was like golden flowing honey. He just cannot help himself, he loved listening to him. Sometimes at night when he was in a bad mood and none of his friends were awake, he even watched recordings of his stream just to hear a familiar soothing voice.

"I-I will be glad." He nervously shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Goodnight Corpse." He quickly got into the car before he could do anything stupid. His hands shook as he started the car. Just as he turned on the lights and wanted to drive off, Corpse suddenly appeared in front of his car. He exhaled heavily, he almost knocked him down.

"What are you doing, I almost hit you." His voice trembled as he got out of the car again. Corpse looked absolutely calm, leaning in front of his left wheel.

"You can't leave like this, you have a flat tire." With these words he pulled a large rusty nail from the rubber. "Do you have a spare tire in the trunk or under the back seat? I'll change it for you." He wiped his hands on his pants and came closer.

"I don't have one." That was the only downside of his little car, nothing fit in it. What will he do now? Nothing like this had ever happened to him, he had no experience with what to do in such a situation. He was stupid, Rae was right, he shouldn't drive.

"Hm, we can call the towing service, but I don't know how long it will take them to arrive, it's Sunday night," he suggested carefully. "or I can take you home and we'll work it out tomorrow." Sykkuno was ashamed, he should deal with it himself. He felt that someone still had to help him.

"I do not want to bother you." He bit his lower lip, undecided what to do.

"You are never bothering me." Corpse took a few steps closer and carefully placed one palm on Sykkuno's cheek. His heart skipped a beat. "You're cute when you're blushing, you know that?" Sykkuno wanted to say something, but instead he just opened his mouth silently, unable to say something. Corpse laughed, warmly. "Come on, get in the car. It's cold outside." He didn't wait and walked to his car himself. Sykkuno stood there for a moment before he shivered from the cold and walked to his car too.

In the car he quietly explained the way to his house and thanked him for taking him. Corpse just smiled at him and drove into the night.

"Would you mind if we stopped at my house on the way? I forgot to take my medicine with me." Corpse suddenly spoke, eyes on the road. Sykkuno had almost fallen asleep in the meantime, because his car was so comfortable, so he just muttered something.

He was awakened by a hot touch on his shoulder. At first he looked around for a moment, disoriented, before noticing his friend and calming down. If Corpse was here, nothing bad could happen to him.

"Sorry I don't want to wake you up, but I need to go upstairs for my meds and I don't want to leave you here alone. Can you come with me so I don't have to worry about you?" Sykkuno cannot answer, he was too focused on the big warm hand on his shoulder, so he just nodded. He stretched his back, got out of the car, and followed his friend into an apartment building across the street.

When he got to the elevator he was shivering because of the cold. He didn't expect them to be out for so long, so he didn't take any sweatshirt with him. Corpse was also dressed only in a T-shirt, but unlike him, he didn't seem to mind the cold. But he wasn't as thin as Sykkuno either.

Anyway, it woke him up a bit so when Corpse unlocked the door he was already fully conscious.

"You don't have to take off your shoes." Corpse let him in, and carefully closed the door behind him. He seemed more nervous than Sykkuno now. Sykkuno only now realized how much he must have invaded his privacy by being here, but it was too late to wait in the car. He decided to step aside, not look around much, and wait for his friend to take his medicine. But Corpse had a different idea.

"Come with me, I'll find you something warm to wear. I can't watch you shaking like that." And then he took him by the hand and led him into the living room. Sykkuno did not protest, just squeezed his hand a little tighter. His heart sang with happiness, even though he knew it wouldn't last long. But at least now he wanted to enjoy that Corpse trusted him so much, that he was holding his hand.

"I think your things will be too big for me." Not that it bothered him, especially if it will smell like him. Oh god, what is he thinking again. He rather focused on the room where he was. It was spacious and surprisingly tidy. It was almost dark because Corpse would only turn on a light in the hallway.

"Don't worry, I have something just for you." He said mysteriously and opened one of the many closets. To his big surprise, he didn't pull out any leather jacket as he had expected, but a gray light coat with a green scarf tucked into it. His old coat, the same one he gave to an unknown frozen man a few years ago.

"Y-You?" He gasped quietly. Corpse looked completely different than the man he had met years ago. He didn't expect this at all. It was perhaps a fate?

"Me." Said Corpse and put his coat around his shoulders just as Sykkuno once did. "I will never forget that day. If you hadn't shown up then, I wouldn't have been here." He carefully took the scarf and wrapped it around his neck. "I can't thank you enough." He was whispering now. Sykkuno didn't know what to say or what to do. Corpse was too close to him. That and what he had learned now kept him from thinking clearly. If he would just pull his mask down and lean over a little he could kiss him. And he wanted to, he really wanted to.

Before he could think about what he would do, Corpse shook his head and began to pull away. "Sorry, I-" he cleared his throat. "I did not want to... Fuck, I made things awkward again." Before he could escape, Sykkuno grabbed his hand, finally losing his inhibitions. He pulled him closer and put the hand he held around his waist. A little shaky and still uncertain, he reached out with his other hand and caught the edge of Corpse's mask.

"Don't run from me." He whispered barely audibly. There were a few endless seconds of silence, and Sykkuno was about to think that he had misinterpreted things. But then one of Corpse's hands moved from the scarf to Sykkuno's face. He ran his thumb gently over his cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere." Corpse replied hoarsely while looking at Sykkuno as if he was the eighth wonder of the world. Sykkuno took it as permission to take off his mask. He did it slowly so that the other man could still change his mind. It did not happen. Beneath a piece of cloth was the remnant of a scar that actually continued from his eye to the corner of his lips. But far more than that, he was fascinated by his pale mouth and a lot of cute freckles on his nose.

"You are beautiful." Escaped from Sykkuno's mouth. He carefully took a restless strand of hair and brushed it from his face. Corpse leaned his face into touch and he pulled the smaller man closer to him, hand running over his waist. Sykkuno stopped breathing for a moment, it was too intense.

Corpse placed his other hand on the back of his head, ruffled his hair.

"Can I kiss you?" So much uncertainty in his words. He looked so vulnerable now as if a single word of rejection was supposed to kill him. Fortunately, he did not plan to reject him.

Sykkuno took him by the chin and gently pulled him closer, centimeters from his own mouth, stepped on his tiptoes to reach his lips. He couldn't really answer him before it happened, but it didn't matter.

Corpse deleted the last space between them and finally kissed him. Lightly, as if he was still afraid that it was not true, that the other man must vanish at any moment, he pressed their lips together. It was as if a fireworks of happiness had exploded inside him. Sykkuno felt dizzy from the feeling and had to wrap both of his arms around Corpse's neck. Both for greater stability and to pull him even closer.

He had no idea how long they had been kissing, afraid to stop if it was just a dream. They stopped for only half a second to inhale some air and deepened the kiss again, as if it were both their first and the last one. Sykkuno felt both his coat and scarf come off his shoulders, landing on the floor. He did not care. He couldn't get enough of the other man's lips even though at that moment they were already swollen and certainly completely red from a long kissing. Given how desperately Corpse kissed him, he must have felt the same way.

Finally, after long minutes, they stopped, tried to catch their breath. Sykkuno buried his face in Corpse's neck, trying to catch his scent again, but now without hiding it. He could feel Corpse giving him small kisses in the hair where he can reach them and his hands running over his back.

Neither of them said anything, they didn't need it. They both knew that everything would be fine now.

// Comments appreciated, thank you for reading.