07;

Chloe woke and heard arguing coming from downstairs. She climbed out of bed and walked down into the kitchen.

Chloe frowned when she saw Esmè there. She looked at her. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked between her sister and father.

Jack smiled at her. "Esmè was just telling me that she wanted to take you out today after school. I told her I don't think it's a good idea."

Chloe rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "I think I have my own mind. I can decide who I spend my time with. And if you don't like that father then maybe I'll go stay with Esmè," she said.

***
Chloe was walking to school. She saw Mick pulling up next to her. She smiled. "I thought you were avoiding me," she said.

Mick smiled. "No. Linda has been getting suspicious. So I've had to play it down. Focus on being at the pub more. I just want us to keep it hush hush until we're able to be together properly."

Chloe smiled and nodded. She sighed as she got in the car. She looked at him. "You do want to be with me don't you?" She asked.

Mick smiled and kissed her. "Of course I do. You mean a lot to me. I just want to make you happy. I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Jack looked up as Esmè walked in. She sighed. "We can't keep doing this. We can't keep hooking up and then saying we're arguing. It's not right and it's not fair on Chloe. She can't have this hidden from her."

Jack rolled his eyes. He looked at her. "She can't know that we're sleeping together. It's not right. You're Ronnie's daughter."

"Exactly. So either we tell people that we've been having an affair. Or we end it. And I'll find someone who can actually be proud to say that I'm theirs," Esmè said as she looked at him.

Jack smirked. "Oh what? Like Max? We both know you've been there before."

"And what?"

***
Chloe couldn't concentrate in school. All she could think about was Mick. She knew that he was an older married man. But she couldn't help herself. She was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. She knew that she couldn't legally be with him yet. But she had him on her mind all the time.

Chloe looked up as Louise walked over to her. She smiled at her cousin. "How come you haven't been round? Or is Jack stopping you?" Louise asked.

Chloe rolled her eyes and sighed. "Yes he is stopping me. But only cause he thinks the Mitchell's aren't safe to be around," she told her.

"Oh charming."

Chloe just nodded. She knew that deep down, she needed to make more of an effort with her family. But it was hard when she could only think about Mick.

***
Chloe went home and saw Jack. He smiled. "Amy has gone to see Dot. And Ricky is at after school club. Maybe we could go for a pizza?" He asked.

"Erm sure."

But as Chloe went to get changed, she had no idea about how her affair with Mick was about to blow up in her face. Big time.