Chapter 1

Characters and Setting

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Hello, I'm Odette (Oddie) Darlington. I'm 19 years old and I live in England with my mother, Gwenyth (Gwen) Darlington, and my father, Vincent Darlington. My family happens to be extremely wealthy and well-known around the city. I'm an only child who likes to paint, play the piano, sing, fence, and read. My father is a businessman, he's away working most of the day, but whenever he isn't, he's constantly bashing me for the things I enjoy because, in his words, "they are not things a lady should be doing". Luckily, my mother, a bubbly and caring housewife, is always there to help and back me up.

(You can most definitely imagine Scarlett looking as you wish, I just chose this girl because that's how imagine Scarlett and in case ppl have trouble imagining, but it's completely up to you ♡)

Now I don't have many friends, but to be honest, I like my peace. I like having free time to do what I enjoy, that is when I'm not around Archibald. Archibald Rhodes, oh how I hate him. I despise him. He does everything in his power to make my life impossible, but don't worry, I have done the same to him. The thing is, my family is great friends with the Rhodes, meaning I can't get away from him, as much as I want to. The Rhodes are wealthy and well-known as well. I've known them my entire life and we get along quite well. I especially get on with Mrs. Rhode, but Archibald is the living definition of Satan.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Hello, I'm Archibald (Archie) Rhodes, I'm sure Odette has told you all about me

Hello, I'm Archibald (Archie) Rhodes, I'm sure Odette has told you all about me. She tends to keep my name in her mouth pretty frequently. I'm 19 years old. I am soon to be an Oxford man and after, I'm expected to join the military. My life has all been planned out for me. On my own account, I enjoy reading and gardening with my mother. My father hates that. That's not important though, what is important is that I hate Odette with a burning passion. That's all as much as you need to know about me. I do everything in my power to make her life miserable and so far, I've succeeded. I live in England with my mother, Dorothea (Dottie) Rhodes and my father, Theodore Rhodes. We are wealthy and well known just like the Darlington's and we're long-time family friends with them as well. Odette's father is quite fond of me. As I was saying, so far, I've succeeded in driving Odette insane, however recently she's been fighting back. I don't mind a challenge, if anything this makes everything a tad bit more fun.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Please accompany us through our mischievous times and enjoy.

Lots of Love, Archibald.

Even More Love than Archibald, Odette (no, I don't talk about him all the time)

• This is just a little introduction of the characters, but there will be more in the future. I hope you like reading the chapters that I write, but please keep in mind that I'm not a professional writer. I wasn't born in the 1800's therefore I don't know how they lived back then. I don't strive for accuracy or perfection, this is just for fun. If the fact that this isn't historically accurate bothers you, feel free to click away, I promise I won't be mad at you <3. Sit back, have fun and enjoy the drama •
Love,
Nataly

New note!!

• Hello everyone! So, I just wanted to add one last warning before you begin reading. I began writing this story three years ago when I was 15-ish years old. At the time, writing was a minor pastime for me, and it wasn't something I wanted to get serious about. It was during quarantine when people, including myself, just wanted something to do and this "something to do" was read fanfiction. This led me to start writing fanfiction and, subsequently, I began writing this little story. In the beginning, there is a lot of jumping between the characters' POVs and there's a lot of dialogue, almost too much, with little to no actions between them. The storyline is also pretty rushed and, in the beginning, Odette and Archibald are a little boring and capricious. The chapters do get better as the story progresses (at least from my standpoint), just hang in there and have a little faith. That's it for now!! •