Chapter 4

"Cat got your tongue, Rhodes?" I saw with a smirk.

"Wipe that stupid smirk off your face," he says with disgust.

"Did I get in your head?" I ask adding a small laugh at the end.

He rolls his eyes and says, "Stop it, or I'll kiss you."

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH do I want to stop now? Yes, yes I need to stop I hate him.'

"I- um..." I say stuttering.

He looks at me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face. The song ends.

"Finally," I say rolling my eyes.

"Like I said earlier, dancing with you was no picnic on my end either, it was more of a tortu-"

"Archie, dear how are you?" Says my mother coming up to us along with my father.

She hugs him and he hugs her back.

"Mrs. Darlington, I'm great how are you?" Says Archibald with a smile.

"I'm great and please call me Gwenyth," she says.

"Right, sorry," says Archibald.

"Hello young Archibald, how are you this evening?" Asks my father.

"Hello Mr. Darlington, I'm great, yourself?" Says Archibald.

"I'm doing well thank you, are you enjoying yourself tonight?" asks my father.

"Indeed I am, especially since I got to dance with Odette," answers Archibald, putting his hand on my back.

"Two-faced," I murmur to myself.

"What was that darling?" Asks Archibald.

"Oh nothing," I say with a fake smile.

"I'm glad to see how close you have gotten," says my mother with a smile.

"Oh, so very close," I say with a fake smile.

"Well, the second dance of the night will be starting soon, have fun," says mother and she walks away with father.

"Get your dirty hand off me," I say as soon as they can't hear me.

"Gladly," says Archibald rubbing his palms together and wiping them on his suit.

"You're so two-faced," I say.

"I could say the same for you, the acting could win you an award," he says with a chuckle at the end.

The second dance is about to start.

"You're such an idio-" I say but I'm interrupted by a man tapping my shoulder.

I turn around.

"May I have this dance?" He asks giving me his hand.

"No, she's dancing with me," says Archibald in the back.

I turn to him, and he has a serious face on.

"Is that true Ms...?" Asks the guy.

"Call me Odette and n-" I say, once again being interrupted by Archibald this time.

"No doubt she is," he says.

I nod yes annoyed.

"I'm sorry to bother you," says the man with a sweet smile and he walks away.

I turn to Archibald angrily to see a victorious smile plastered on his face.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask with a serious face on.