Chapter 13

"Let- me- go-" I say, struggling to breathe a little.

Archibald's P.O.V:
"Let- me- go-" she says, struggling.

I woke up today in a bad mood and she decided to push my buttons. I've had enough. The way she looks at me when I have my hand around her neck makes me feel... good? No clue why.

I let go of her throat and she takes a deep breath.

Back to Odette's P.O.V:
Archibald lets go of my throat and I deep a deep breath. Breathing quickly, I roll my eyes. I hear him chuckle behind me, so quickly, still turning my back against him, I take the meat knife from the table and push him against the wall, putting the knife to his throat.

"You will not, I repeat, WILL NOT disrespect me like that in my own home," I say.

He's leaning against the wall, looking at me smirking.

"If I recall correctly, you are the one that has come looking me wherever I am. The library, the piano room, I've been there alone and you always show up to annoy me. Do you really need me so much you must go on searching for me?" I tell him.

"And why would I need someone like you?"

"You tell me. It seems like you're always on my tail, looking over my shoulder no matter what I do. You love pushing me to my limit-" I say pushing the knife against his neck more to poke him, but not stabbing him to death. No blood, just pain for now, "then you're too big of a wuss when I snap."

He swallows hard, his head now looking up to the ceiling.

"What are you going to do to me, Odette? Tell me."

"Wouldn't you rather I just show you?"

"Oh, I would like that very much, lovely."

I stare at him, and he stares at me back. Suddenly I hear the doors to the kitchen open.

"Is the table set?" Says my mother in the distance.

I quickly remove my knife from his neck, putting it back on the table. Archibald moves from the wall and clears his throat.

"Yes mother, it's all ready," I say.

"Alright, thank you darling and Archibald," she says.

"Of course," I reply.

"No problem at all, Mrs. Darlington," responds Archibald.

"No problem at all Mrs. Darlington," I mimic him quietly.

He shoots me a dirty look and I smile at him innocently. Archibald and I walk to the kitchen.

"Anything else you need mother?" I ask.

"Did you go through the mail we got today?" She asks.

"What mail?"

"The mail you were supposed to pick up."

"I didn't pick up any mail..."

"You didn't?!" Asks mother looking at me.

"No! Usually, Arthur or Oliver do that... I didn't know I was supposed to."

"I sent both of them home to spend some time with their families as well. I guess I forgot to tell you."

"Oh... well I can go right now if you'd like."

"To town?" Asks mother.

"Yes, I've got nothing else to do."

"Alright then, sure."

"I'll come along then," says Archibald.

I look at him with a serious look and he looks down at me, smiling.