6

You approached Gally cautiously, trying your hardest to look unfazed by his presence. You finally reached where he stood facing away from you.

"Hi, Gally," you said, tapping him on the shoulder. He jumped a little and turned around. You gave him a small smile before continuing, "this is the next job I have to try out today, um, so what should I do?"

He looked at you with a blank expression, "Help Ben over there," he pointed at a boy a couple yards away from you, "move the wood."

"Got it." You walked over to Ben and introduced yourself. He said it was nice to meet you and taught you how to pick up the big planks without hurting yourself, and then the right way to carry it so it didn't move around or fall while you were getting it from you place to place.

The job was fairly simple, just moving boards from a large stack of supplies to where the other builders needed it. At one point Alby came over and told you to just finish up work with the builders and get to the kitchens to help with dinner - you didn't have to do any of the other jobs because you already knew you wanted to cook with Frypan.

It was nearing the end of the day and the builders' work was done. You thanked Ben for helping you with the wood and started to head towards the kitchen to prepare dinner.

"Y/N!" You turned to look over your shoulder and saw Gally walking towards you, so you slowed your pace and waited for him to catch up.

"Hi Gally."

"Don't come near the builders anymore." His tone was sharp.

His words confused you, "Well I'm gonna be in the kitchens working most of the time anyways, but why? I didn't cause any problems did I?"

He huffed, "You distracted my builders on the job, strutting around like the shuck faced girl you are." You hadn't been in the glade long, and you didn't know all of the slang but you weren't an idiot and his biting tone of voice made it clear he was trying to hurt you. You weren't gonna let him get to you.

"I wasn't strutting, I was walking around like a normal person. And if your builders were distracted by me how is it my fault that they're staring? I'm not responsible for a bunch of pervy teenage boys' actions."

He huffed again, seemingly getting more frustrated with you, "Just go to the kitchen and cook, shank. It's all your good for anyway. What else would a girl like you do?" This struck a nerve.

"At least I'm not a misogynistic, horny PRICK like YOU!" You could see you had angered him, and all boldness that had come over you vanished when you saw the look in his eyes. He raised his hand, fist clenched and ready to swing. Neither of you noticed someone was approaching.

"Gally, if you hit her, I will shove my foot so far up your shuck ass, you'll be picking toenails out of your teeth for two weeks straight."

You turned to see Minho, sweaty from a long day of running, coming towards you and Gally. He was smirking, but his tone had been deadly serious. Gally dropped his arm to his side and glared at Minho, who had stopped to stand by your side. He nudged your arm gently to reassure you.

"Take your shuck girlfriend out of here. Now."

Minho laughed, "Crawl back into your miserable little whole, Gally. Nobody wants to see you pout." He took you by the elbow and walked you away from the other boy.

He let you go a few seconds later and stood in front of you, looking you up and down, "You okay, girly-girl? I don't see any problems," he met your eyes with his own, "did he hit you?"

"No, I'm okay."

"Good," he nodded and turned around to start walking towards the kitchens and you followed, "Frypan is looking for you, told me he needs his second best cook on the job."

"Who's the first best cook?"

"Himself," Minho chuckled and you joined him.

"I'll see you at dinner, Y/N." Minho said once you reached the dining area that was attached to the kitchen. He waved and walked away, in the direction of a small concrete building you remember was called the map room. You grabbed your apron from the hook and joined Frypan in the kitchen.
____________________________________
Hi guysss so I cut this chapter in half so it wouldn't be super long and so the story wouldn't just be Y/N eating, cooking and getting in fights with Gally all the time.

I'll most likely have the next chapter done by tonight or tomorrow morning. More cute moments with Y/N's friendships with Frypan and Minho coming soon.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, as always I am open to constructive criticism or new ideas if you have some!

Ily, have a nice day! ❤️