Chapter three

Saturday consisted of hanging around Ally's house with the girls. We watched T.V. and played on our phones the whole day. Thankfully, Ally was too hung over to remember Lauren's tear-stained face so I didn't say anything.

Again, I slept over Ally's house, so did Dinah and Normani. I woke up at 10:00 a.m. and wrote the girls a letter, thanking Ally and saying that I had somewhere to be. They were passed out on the couch and I didn't want to wake them. Normani and Dinah were snuggled together and Ally looked too peaceful to wake up. I packed all of my things and threw my bag in my trunk.

I drove to Lauren's house, hoping she was awake. She told me to come over at 11:00 a.m. but what was fifteen minutes gonna do bad. I got to her house at 10:45 a.m., grabbed my book bag, and walked to her window. I didn't want to knock on her door because I didn't know if her mom was still asleep. I didn't know if her mom's boyfriend was at her house and I didn't want to get him upset became from what I understand, he has a small temper.

I gently knocked on her window but I got no answer. I tried pushing the window up and luckily, it was unlocked. I pushed the window all the way up and crawled through her window. I turned around and closed her window. I turned to my left and saw a peacefully sleeping Lauren wrapped up in her big, puffy blanket. Her hair was all over her face and it blew away from her every time she exhaled.

I quietly dropped my backpack to the floor and kneeled next to Lauren's bed. I gently moved the hair out of her face and saw a long line of dried blood leading from her left ear to her chin.

Poor Lauren, she has this stupid guy in her life that hurts her. She doesn't do anything wrong.

She moved around and slowly opened her eyes. Once her eyes were open she gasped. "Camz, how'd you get in here?" Lauren asked.

"I'm sorry, I snuck through your window because I didn't know if anyone was still sleeping." I told her.

She sat up and stretched. "Um, can you get my notebook out of my bag, I'll get us something to eat." She said. She stood from her bed in a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. "Are you hungry?" She asked as I went through her bookbag and pulled out her history book.

"Hell yeah, I'm always hungry." I said with a smile in my face. She giggled and walked out of her room. God, I love that noise.

I took out my notebook and started taking note on the Battle of Gettysburg. Man, I hate the Civil War. I took three pages worth of note and Lauren still wasn't back yet. It's been like twenty minutes and she was still downstairs.

I heard glass hit the floor and someone scream. Then I heard a man scream and another big crash. I dropped my books and ran out of Lauren's room. I ran into her kitchen. Once I got into the kitchen I saw blood and glass all over the floor. I heard a man's voice and muffled cursing. I cautiously stepped around all of the glass and looked around the kitchen. I looked into the pantry and saw Lauren sitting there hugging her knees to her chest and shaking.

She had a gash on her bottom lip, a new black eye, a long, deep trail of blood that bled through her right sleeve, and a bloody nose.

"Oh my God, what happened?" I asked her. I squatted in front of her and gently scooped her into my arms, bridal style. She winced and squeezed my shirt in her fists.

"It's okay Lauren. I'll make you all better." I tried to soothe her. Once I got into her room, I gently laid her down on her bed. She laid there and sobbed. I found three duffle bags in her closet and stuffed as many clothes into one as I could. I stuffed all of her books in her book bag and picked up another duffle bag. I ran into her bathroom and stuffed all of her belongings into it. I picked up all of the little things on her dresser and around her room and stuffed them in the last duffle bag. I grabbed her three duffle bags and our book bags and ran out of her window. I opened my trunk and threw the bags into my car.

I ran back to her window and hopped into her room again. I gently gathered Lauren into my arms and climbed back out of her window. Once I got to my car I asked Lauren, "Do you wanna sit in the passenger seat or do you wanna lay down in the backseat?"

She didn't say anything, she just shook in my arms. I laid her down in the back seat and got into the driver's seat. I sped to my house listening to Lauren's little sobs and whimpers.

As soon as I pulled up to my house I jumped out of the car ad picked Lauren up. I got inside and walked up the stairs, ignoring the drunk, partying people around me. I laid Lauren on my bed and ran out. I got the five bags from my car and brought them up to my room. I dropped them on the floor and sighed.

I closed the door and looked over at Lauren. She was just laying there on her back and sobbing. I kneeled down next to her and wiped the hair out of her face. "Lauren, please tell me what happened." I begged. She just laid there and cried harder.

I stood up and sat in my desk chair. I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and picked my lighter up from the table. I put the cigarette in between my lips and lit it. I breathed in and let out a puff of smoke.

After about a half hour, Lauren calmed down. She sniffled, "Camz?" I barely heard her. She spoke just above a whisper.

I kneeled beside the bed and moved a strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes LoLo?" I whispered.

A few tears fell from her eyes and she turned her head. She stared into my eyes with her shiny, green, gray, hypnotizing eyes. They had tears pooling in them and pouring out of them. "He r-raped me." She let out a tiny sob.

Sorry about the short chapter. I'm really tired. I'll update more this weekend. BUY THE GIRL'S FIRST ALBUM, REFLECTION!!!!! It's an amazing album and I'm so proud of those five girls. Tbh, I cried when I listened to it just thinking about how far they've made it. They were right, anything could happen. I'm so proud of them!!!!!