Ch 7.1 Salazar Slytherin

A/n: This chapter does talk about kids getting killed. Not really a new thing for the Harry Potter world, but still. Written about in an abstract way...no gore or anything.
3rd Person; a few hours after class

Hadrian was still processing everything that they went over in class. And the easiest way for him to do so was to make a profile. He wondered about were to start. He put quill to parchment and begun to write:

Name: Salazar Slytherin
DOB: December 9th, ???
Occupation: Teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; Founding Member

Xxx——xxX
Description:

Salazar is a very strict man, that is true, but how could one not be when they have to manage hundreds of kids of all ages for years? In the beginning, there were few students to teach as they would have to find them first. But when magical families heard of their school and how well things were going many decided to give it a try. And once their attendance numbers went up they had to divide the students into manageable groups and bring in other adults to help teach.

In this time, not long before the Great Merlin would come to Hogwarts to learn, the land of Britannia was fractured. There were many kingdoms or one could relate them to war lords. This is the Feudal Era of Britain set during the Middle Ages. A lord would have his keep and the surrounding land that many people would live and work on. And sometimes the lords would go to into skirmishes—they would fight, battle. These lords would answer to their king, but like previously stated there were many, around five at this time, as well as many would-be-kings.

And so one could imagine that one of these Kingdoms is actually a magical one. Left overs from the time before the Romans came when the land was called Albion—the Druids, the Pagan creatures and gods. But Albion was fractured and shrunk into the Kingdom it is now from when the Romans invaded, and turned them into Britannia.

The current five kingdoms are: Albion, Pendragon, Briton, England, and Wales. A prophecy was whispered about that a great sorcerer would help unit the lands once more and end the persecution of the magicals. And that great sorcerer turned out to be Merlin. But sadly, the reunited pieces of Albion under King Arthur would tear apart again not long after his death. Making many wonder if the prophecy would ever come true for longer than a mortal mans life. This time instead of splitting into five, it split into three (officially)—Albion, England and Wales.

But not long after when the persecutions and murders started up again, Merlin and citizens of Albion closed out the non magical kingdoms.

Salazar was alive for all of this as he lived well into his 100s. And by the end of his life Salazar was a well to do person in Albion along side his fellow founders of Hogwarts. He was credited the most for mentoring Merlin into the powerful man he became.

The early life of Salazar is not well known. He seems to have came from nowhere at times, but it is reported that Godric Gryffindor and Salazar knew each other since childhood. The Gryffindor family was respected by manny throughout this time period and of course are legends to us now.

Salazar was married to a Black at some point. His family then went on to have been joined with one of the Peverell lines. A branch family from that then joined the Gaunts. And with the Gaunts being quite fanatic have since kept their line "pure." But it's widely believed they are now dead for it. No other branch families or persons have stepped up to take on the Title of Slytherin except for the most recent Dark Lord.

The most famous story about Salazar can be boiled down to simply him having a falling out with Godric and him reportedly leaving the school behind. And that he perhaps left a magical beast here for reasons. To kill muggleborns? What good would that do him? None, I would think. If anything he left it here as a guardian. To what though? The students as a whole or something specific?

It would have been a logical thing to argue about. Whether to allow muggleborns to continue to be taught at Hogwarts. There is merit to both sides. Clearly most of the muggles have shown that they would be unaccepting of magical humans through their actions—killing people for even thinking that they had it. But then the ones in question of not being taught are just children and would most likely just die if not brought to the castle. On the other hand, the process of bringing said children to the castle after finding them is the challenge. Prime time for an ambush if people found out.

As well as the question of should they even give the child back to the parents? After all, all the children brought to them by magicals stay year round until they are adults. For the most part anyway, they can still go back to the parents for visits much easier than the muggleborns. It is a risk to send muggleborns back once they have made it to the safety of Hogwarts. Purely from the standpoint of them being killed by family or a neighbor with a loose tongue. The muggleborns are at the disadvantage in that they wouldn't be able to tell anyone about their magic for fear of death if they go back. Will one accidental tell where Hogwarts is and unintentionally lead an army to their doorstep?

I imagine these things where asked and thrown around and around in circles. There is no right or wrong answer. Eventually they both just got fed up with the other to the point that Salazar just left.

Hadrian put down his quill and stared at his parchment. Such a delicious dilemma—chaos it brings to best friends. He needs to figure out his own problems first though. And so, Hadrian stands after tucking away his things into his messenger bag. Taking swaying steps, Hadrian hums an eerie tune as he walks to his father's rooms. Luckily, the rooms are not far away from the History Classroom. Hadrian never went too far from it in the first place anyway.