Ch. 8 (partial); An Announcement

3rd Person Hadrian POV

Dark long hair was twisted up out of his way as Hadrian sat at the table drinking tea with his father. They were in his father's rooms attached to the History of Magic classroom. Hadrian had wondered in not too long ago, sat down, and tossed that odd letter he got onto the table. Undertaker had swayed his way around the small kitchenette as he prepared tea humming a song quite off tune. Now, here they sat across from each other.

Hadrian glanced up before gently setting down his beaker cup, "What do you think, Father?"

"Ah~This place is quite marvelous! If I do say so meh self." Undertaker tilts his head making his silvery-white hair shimmer as it moves under the lighting. Undertaker's macabre smile, never changing, makes Hadrian grin till his face starts to hurt.

"Have ye been lookin' around? A've found out lots of things. There be hidden places and passages all o're da place. And these ghosts! Hehe~ I just want to chain on' down and learn how they're still here."

"Now tha's an idea, father! We should find time to do so. I've been distracted hanging out with those Slytherins. I think we might be friends of a sort. Isn't dat strange?" Hadrian blinks in bemusement as he had so far only really had acquaintances other than his father. Stiffening up slightly as the thought came back to him, Hadrian shoved the letter towards Undertaker again. "Read that! I got a puzzling letter not that long ago...well maybe it has been a while. Not that I really care too much. Blaze and Draco have had very little luck so far."

"Such a brat I raised. No manners an' no patience whatsoever." Undertaker grumbles lightheartedly as he finally sits down at the little table. With cold yellow-green eyes he picks the letter up and reads before commenting, "What a doll-lightful* message from the boss. Never knew he cared."

Hadrian was a bit confused but then it struck him like a mallet to the head-or a chainsaw. He felt so stupid that he didn't realize it right away. "Oh...well that's underwhelming news. Thought it was something, something threatening, ya. Hmhmm, threatening."

Picking up his beaker-cup once more, Hadrian purposefully takes large sips to hide his embarrassment. Placing it down sheepishly after his father glared at him briefly Hadrian asks, "Sooo, what does the esteemed Death mean by dat o' threatening letter there. He having a laugh at my expense bein' all mysterious like that?"

Undertaker rolls his eyes, mostly hidden behind his hair, hard before deadpanning at his thick-skulled son. "And here I thought you enjoyed learning the more recent history of this world."

"I still do!" Hadrian pouts before turning his head away and crosses his arms.

With a fond smile now gracing Undertaker's face he leans across the table to ruffle his son's long hair making it fall out of its loose updo. Leaning back to resume sitting Undertaker picks back up his tea, "Of course, of course.~"

Hadrian exclaims loudly when his glorious hair was ruined, but he does calm down quickly to turn his attention to his father.

"Hmmm, well, ol' Death was messin' with ya, but for a reason. It's against da rules to directly help or interfere with mortals. Not tha' it stops everyone from doin' so anyway. Here it seems he's mostly just letting you know about Voldemort and such. Nothin' we haven't already started to read into."

Hadrian nods his head along with what his father said, agreeing. He then makes a face mixed between intrigue and disgust, "Yeah! Speakin' of which. Recently I got my hands on several children's books about me--or well, about Harry Potter. It's crazy how they put a personality to me without having even bothered to meet me. In one of them, I was depicted as Prince Charming coming to rescue a Princess from a Hungarian Horntail."
.
.
.

*It's a pun, okay? I had him say it like this, but I meant "delightful."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Important Announcement▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Hey, everyone. I would like to thank you all for your interest in this story. I have enjoyed reading your comments. But as you all no doubt noticed, I have not updated in a long time. Mostly due to me running out of ideas and the direction I wanted to take this story in. So, I do have to inform you that I am officially done writing for this story; however! Someone has expressed an interest in adopting this story and continuing it. That person is _ilooooovetoast_, so keep an eye open for the new story headed your way!

When the new story is posted, I'll see if I can figure out how to link the new story here so you all can find it easily. It has been two years since I've been on Wattpad, lol.

Update:

The new story has started! You should be able to find it by clicking on the author's name in this post and going to the profile. But I did post a link-share to the first chapter in the comments. I am not sure if it will work for everyone or not, so that is why I decided to put it there instead of here. (It is a reply to 'Test to see if...')