5 - A Witch.

Words : 1930

------------------

Naomi stood firmly, potion bottles tightly within her grasp as she had barely arrived in enough time to help. She was panting, sweat accumulating on her forehead from having ran to where the boys had led the pillagers slightly westward. Her limbs were sore, and hands were clammy, but she stood as firmly as her confidence allowed her to, bow at the ready. The pillagers lay on the floor coughing or inactive, some looking to her in disgust and shame. Their eyes bore a judgement all to familiar her, deep hatred running within the inner mechanisms of their minds. She did not have time to process their judgement, and instead tossed a bottle of dark red liquid to Dream. "Dream, catch!" 

He managed to barely catch it, looking at the bottle and at the girl before him quizzically. He had never seen a liquid as viscous and blood red as the one held tentatively within his grasp. "What the fuck is this?" 

Naomi pulled out her bow and started shooting at the pillagers who had not been effected by her potion, joining in with George on taking some down. "Dream, drink it! Leave some for Sap and Bad too." She hollered, defending herself from a pillager with an axe. "Please trust me!" 

Dream stared at the potion for only a moment before pulling the cork off and taking a massive swig of it. A rush of adrenaline hit him, making his body tingle in unfamiliarity. He handed it to Sapnap, who looked at him in utter confusion and astonishment. "Uh Dream?" Sapnap looked at the potion apprehensively and then back at his friend. "You're kinda like... glowing?"

Looking down at his body, Dream saw what Sapnap had been referring to; from his arms and legs a shiny, bubbly effect was illuminating him. "Well shit."

"GUYS?! LESS TALK. MORE HELP." Bad took the opportunity to yell at the two in the midst of several pillagers standing up shakily and angrily. Their eyes screamed vengeance and they all knew that what Naomi had done was only a temporary fix. 

"Shit sorry!" Rolling his sleeves up and pulling out his sword, Dream lunged for the pillagers. "It's just that I'm not used to being a human glowstick."

George rolled his eyes and shot at a nearby pillager. "Shut up. You're so unfunny."

"Can we leave the fun banter for later, please!" Clearly irritated, Bad stabbed at another pillager, knocking them down with a kick to the knees and then taking the opportunity to groan out in exhaustion. "Are we taking them westward still??"

"Damn right we are!" Sapnap, who had taken a swig of the contents of Naomi's bottle as well, jumped into the action, glowing the same as his blonde companion. Their exhaustion had momentarily subsided as they slashed at the incoming pillagers, taking them down within one or two swoops of their swords. "Let's gooo!"  It was a chaotic dance, with the five friends fighting side by side in a battle slowly heading westward. A mess of arrows coming from bows and crossbows had completely disrupted the peace of the forest. The nature and wildlife had retreated, leaving only the heartful cries of the pillagers and the exhausted grunts of the five friends battling. From the corner of Naomi's eye, she could spot the ravine on the western portion of forest, evident by the massive rip in the Earth's surface leading down what would be around a 500 foot drop. It was no doubt that if one fell down they would face immediate death. 

"What's the plan again?" She shot at a pillager creeping up towards Bad, the arrow splitting through their bicep and eliciting a painful cry from them. "I assume that it won't be easy to just... push them?"

George grabbed a pillager adjacent to him by their lapel and threw them into the ravine. "Why not?" Naomi stared at him in pure shock, blinking in astonishment for only a few moments before jumping back into the moment and kicking a pillager into the ravine. "See, you already got it!" And so they proceeded to kick the pillagers into the ravine, Sapnap and Dream cutting down the rest of them and tossing them down the ravine in succession while Bad kept them rallied up as for them to not run away. A twinge of guilt settled into Naomi's mind for only a moment, quickly shaking the feeling off as she reminded herself just what they had done across the many villages across the land.