⊹₊ ⋆ - Chapter 26 - ⋆₊⊹

Taehyun's PoV

" Good evening sir, can i consult something? " I said opening the door

" Sure, come and take a sit " Dr. Jung, a psychologist, welcome me with a warm smile.

It's been a day after the incident and i was still worried about Beomgyu, in this case i need someone to talk to.

" So what's your concern Mr.... Mr. Kang ?? " Dr. Jung said as he read my name written on the dextrose stand.

" Do you... know anything about Skin Contact Addiction? " I asked genuinely.

Dr. Jung cleared his throat and lift up his glasses,

" Ah, the one of the most rare yet dangerous case of disorder. " He said rubbing his temples

" Most rare and dangerous? " I asked in confusion.

" Being addicted to Skin Contact is not only a type of Addiction, it's also a Disorder, where the patient is trap in his/her memories by the use of touch. You see, our 5 senses collects memories, including the sense of touch, however, not all memories can be good for a person to collect. Some memories can trap your whole personality inside, making you suffer from both addiction and mental casualties "

" Sir, Can you explain it furthermore? I don't get it "

" Ah! If you want a brief example let me show you something " Dr. Jung move himself to place his laptop infront of me. A video clip was played as he explains.

" Im Hae Eun, 27 years old, She's also suffering from Skin Contact Addiction, her past was very dark when she first open up to the doctors. Married for 2 years, No kids. She admit that her life was first happy with his husband however it changed,  his husband became so possesive and eager for sex. Hae Eun didn't mind all of that because she love her husband very much and for a couple, having a desire in sexual intercourses is normal. But her life doesn't stop there, every night she experienced sexual harassment and abuse, yet she accept all the pain and stay with her husband, in hopes that one day he'll change. Until that day come, She woke up without anything, including the appliances on their house, all of her bank account was swept and only a piece of letter was left. Her husband just used her to satisfy cravings and for money.

To cope with her heartbreak, she dated mens to satisfy the longings for her husband, where when people touch her, the husband comes in her memory, which is making her feel happy again despite of all the lies and pain that she felt. After several weeks she was admitted in the hospital and diagnosed into stage 3, where symptoms occur if his body looses the touch she crave the most.

As you can see Mr. Kang, this physical contacts lead the patient to addiction to touch, where it is the only way to remember the person you used to love even it breaks you into pieces. The patient is trapped in his/her own memory, maybe beacuse they can't let go of it or there's still an burning anger in their hearts.  " Dr. Kang explained.

" What therapy or medicine can free one's person to this type of disorder Dr. ? " I asked hoping for an answer.

" Well, that's a brilliant question. We recommend pills for the symptoms and to prevent the person's cravings in some point, but We don't think that the pills can definitely be the cure. The cure was inside of the patient and to the person around them. The patient must learn to let go in a good will, and forgive. The people around can also be the cure to shift his bad memories to good ones. It might take time but In that way the patient will be free. " Dr. Jung said, setting his hands calmly on the table.

" I now completely understand, Thank you.....but Dr. Jung, what happened to Ms. Im Hae Eun? "  I asked out of curiosity.

Dr. Jung remove his glasses, he close his laptop shut and said. " She..... Due to some complications of her treatment and lack of people to support her. She was attacked by her own depression, the symptoms trigger agressively all at once, bringing her to death. "

I got even more anxious, In this case Beomgyu needs me, He needs us, and He needs himself to be free.

" Thank you Mr. Jung, I really owe you for-. " I was cut off by his words.

" Don't worry about your lover, I can see it in his eyes, He's starting to recover, i guess he find the right cure. Just a piece of advice, never break his love and trust, again. " Dr. Jung smiled warmly.

" T-thank you! I won't, never. " I said bowing to him before exiting the room.

With my dextrose i walk into an empty hospital corridors, lost in a abyss of thoughts.

Jaeyun, how can you manage to live your life, while Beomgyu was trapped into the memories of your past!?

How can you manage to came back despite of the pain you see in his eyes!?

What the hell did Beomgyu do to you! Why did you fucking hurt him!

I stopped walking as i reach my room's door, He's inside, how can i supposed to look at his eyes without bursting into tears?

After some thoughts i finally opened the door, greeted by his wonderful eyes, smile and jolly personality.

Choi Beomgyu, Are you really happy? Please let me know, remove your mask and don't pretend infront of  me, it hurts me to see you smiling despite of the pain you felt inside.

Right this moment, I will protect you. I'll try my best to be better than him. To treat you better with love and care, I won't go and break your heart. Let me replace his touch, his memories. Let me be your cure.

I run towards to hug him and as his head press into my shoulder a tear slipped from my eye, " 3 words " i whisper in his ears, stroking his head.

" 3 words " Beomgyu replied to me, tightening our hug.

" I'll protect you. "

" I'll trust you. "