Chapter 3: The Village

While Zaldous was taking a leak he suddenly heard a scream from the distance where the thick jungle lies. He quickly run to it and saw an innocent lady getting surrounded by strong magical creatures.

"FIREBALL!"

Zaldous did not hesitate a second rescuing the lady's life. In the end the magical creatures were burnt to crisp and the lady is safe.

"Thank you very much for saving my life... How much gold do you want me to pay you to repay this debt?"

"Oh no need Miss, i just happened to pass by. By the way what are you doing here by yourself?"

"Im just here collecting berries then a swarm of magical creaters suddenly chased me"

"Ohhh so that's why... I see... then i shall go now, have a chaperone or something next time."

"Wait! Please wait a minute, is their a way that i can repay you after you save my life... Can you please just have a  dinner and rest in our village?"

"Village you say?"

"Yes indeed, my village is not quite far from here."

"Alright fine, so lets get going to this village of yours."

Then the two walk together to the village while having a chat. And they arrived at the village safely.

"By the way my savior my name is Rin. I haven't ask your name yet right?"

"Ahh yes my name ummm..."

Zaldous was thinking a code name because if the girl knew that his name was tye demon king Zaldous the girl will freak out, so he carefully said his name without any suspicion.

"My name is Zeld nice to meet you Rin"

"Nice to meet you to Zeld, what a lovely name"

Zaldous said the code name successfully without Rin noticed any suspicion or curiosity about it.

Zaldous and Rin was warmly welcomed by the village chief once they have gone in the fence.

"Hello my name is Betto nice to meet you, you can call me chief.

"Hello chief Betto, my name is Zeld nice to meet you too."

"Who is this young man Rin? Is he a
guest?"

"Yes indeed chief Betto. He is not only a guest but also my savior, so we must treat him nicely and feed him lots with a good night rest."

"Oh wonderful! We haven't have a guest for weeks now. Everyone! Its time to feast and party with our guest and also Rin's savior."

And Zaldous have a great time with the villagers. At that time Rin has a crush on Zaldous because of his bravery and kidness. Zaldous doesn't seem to notice it yet...

The party was over. Everyone had a great night and it was time for rest. Zaldous was on his way for his room, Rin said that he can take her room and Zaldous politely accept but...

The village chief Betto confronted Zaldous and said to follow him, and Zaldous follows his instructions.

When both of them arrived chief Betto's home, Betto beg at Zaldous to help him chase out the knights that collects taxes...

"Mr. Zeld im begging you, will you please chase out the knights that collects this village taxes?"

"Why would i chased them out? Are you guys broke or something?"

"No Mr. Zeld... the knights that collects taxes always demand thrice the amount that we usually pay before. We don't knkw their reasons of why. But we all know that this is wrong."

"What do they do to you guys if you did not pay them?"

"They take childrens, womens and making them their slave and hostages. We always have no choice but to pay their demands."

"I see. Then i will accept."

"Really? You really mean it?"

"Yes... by just listening your story it's making me want to throw up"

"Thank you very much Mr. Zeld... we are thankful for you, not just me but all of the villagers here."

"Ok chief Betto, when do they arrive at this place?"

"Tommorow afternoon Mr. Zeld. At that time, im sure that they'll be here."

"Ok... i shall get a good night rest now chief Betto."

"Ok Mr. Zeld. Have a good night's rest."

And after their conversation, Zaldous went to Rin's room to sleep but he was surprised that Rin was also sleeping with him.

"Wh-... Hey Rin why are you here?"

"I said you can sleep here right? I didn't said im not sleeping here either..."

"Ok nevermind i will just sleep here outside..."

"Fine you sleep here im gonna sleep next door"

"Thanks Rin. I really appreciate it..."

And a night has passed. Zaldous managed to have a good night's rest. But then he wakes up shocked that Rin was beside him sleeping. He accidently screamed like he saw a ghost or something. Good thing that even a loud scream, Rin didn't wake up. Zaldous just got out of bed and pretend like nothing happened.

By that time, Zaldous prepared to encounter the knights. He sharpened his sword, replenished his mana and warm up his body.

The knights have arrived arrogantly. Thinking that they can get a butt loads of money again bet they were wrong. The knights saw Zaldous waiting by the gate, giving the knights an intimidating gaze...

"Hey who are you? Don't stand in our way you garbage"

"Im here to give you the tax money. Why you don't want them?"

"Ohh then sorry my friend! Ok i shall take the 750 gold you guys have."

"Okey wait let me just find it real quick"

"Hey boss... 750 gold is a big number right? A 100 gold doesn't even fit in 1 sack, why would he check his pocket though?"

"Hey you're ri-"

The knights didn't realize that they were already sliced to pieces. The chief Betto panicked, becaused killing was not in their agreement. Zaldous said to him that...

"Chief Betto it's ok now you guys are safe. If they're gone, they're gonna be replaced to new knight's. If the new knights were just the same as them just send someone to find me I'll face them without hesitation."

"O-ok you do have a point, thank you very much Mr. Zeld

"I guess im in my way then since my things are ready i should go now."

"Yes you shall while its still sunny. Have a safe trip."

Then Zaldous continued his journey to the unknowns. But Rin waked up and find Zaldous because his missing. She then knew that zeldous already left an hour ago. So she packed his things and follows where Zaldous go. But she was stopped by the chief and forbid her from going, because Zaldous will just take care of you and slow him down so then Rin started training to be stronger to be able to meet Zaldous again...

Helloo their thank you for reading this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Have a nice good night rest and wake up early unlike Rin guys😆.

-TSOI