Part 4

**Mew's POV**

Honestly the last three years have not been that bad if you ignore Gulf acting like a child. It was nice once he stopped complaining about our parents being married but he completely ignores me now unless Mom asks him to do something with me. Other than that, I do not exist. Which is fine by me as long as he doesn't disrespect my dad.

Other than him though, things have been quiet nice. I was able to quit one of my jobs because my dad wasn't the only one paying the bills now. Even though I told Mom that she didn't have to help us with ours she said that she plans on us living together either way so she doesn't want me to worry about these things. When I had informed her that I have been helping with our finances for around 4 years now she gave me a sad expression and told me that I should have been able to enjoy my childhood.

After that she wanted me to quit my other job and just focus on school and having a life but I told her it's okay, even if I don't have to help pay bills anymore. I still like paying for my own tuition and day to day necessities.

I'm glad we have become a family if I'm being honest, she is probably one of the best things that has happened for my father and he is starting to look better too. He has gained a little bit of weight and he doesn't look so tired all the time now. Even when he smiles when he drops Prem and I off at school, I can see that it's a real smile now, not one of those fake ones that make you want to ask what's wrong.

It took some time getting used to having more people in our family but I didn't mind it at all unlike Gulf who whines any chance he gets.

Thankfully this little war between him and I should be over soon, Mom informed me that she wants me to help him move his stuff into our home today after I get out of this last class. We chose to live in my family house because it's smaller and more homie. Mom was telling my dad that she only ever bought the big house their in now because it's what her ex-husband wanted when they had first gotten married. Ever since they split she has wanted to move out but had no excuse to leave because she knew Gulf was going to put up a fight and she doesn't like fighting with him.

I can see why he might feel abandoned since she is never home but she works so he can live the way he is, with no worries. It makes me wonder how he would be today if he had to grow up the way I did. He probably wouldn't be recognizable to be honest. He's not a bad guy though, he's just a tiny bit immature and doesn't really appreciate anything at the moment. He hasn't gone through anything to wake him up from the dream world he's been living in lately.

Mom has asked me to help him grow up a little bit but I don't really know where to start. Which is why I told dad to keep his work stuff in the study instead of turning it into a bedroom for Gulf like he had originally planned, maybe having to share some space will open him up a little bit.

On top of trying to look after him I also need to look after Prem because like I said all those years ago, he is so fucking dense. I can tell that Boun has been trying small things to get Prem to notice him even though prem is already head over heels for this guy but he is very oblivious to the mutual feelings between them. There kind of awkward but it's cute in a way. I just hope they don't wait much longer to become a thing or I'm going to lock them in a room together and make them confess their feelings to each other.

That made me crack up as I was heading to my car to go pick up Gulf since I knew he was probably walking home right now. I saw him run out of the classroom and then miss the bus. Thankfully I don't have to worry about bringing Prem home today because Boun told me he's going to give him a ride during first period after they go to the library. I told him to buy him dinner before dropping him off at the house because Prem loves to eat.

As I was driving down the road I could see Gulf walking a few streets down and decided to honk once but there was no repsonse so I pull up right next to him and honked again.