Chapter 3

A few days have passed since you've settled into your man-filled-dorm-house-thing. Almost all of your belongings were packed away neatly and all put together in less than a week, considering how stubborn and hard-working you were. Though, it didn't seem all that smooth sailing when the rest of your roommates heard you cussing about how the directions for putting together furniture didn't make sense to you. And if they learned anything about you within the short amount of time you've lived together, is that you like to figure things out on your own (and that you were very obstinate). So choosing the safe way out and avoiding further issues, they all tried their best to tune the angry noises out.

Today was Friday, but some might say it's a very glum Friday. You were alone in your room reading a romance novel on your air mattress that was set on top of your new bed frame. It was a dim and rainy afternoon, the dark sky was littered with puffy clouds filled to the brim with water that was just waiting to explode and quench the thirst of the dry greenery. To most, the rain might seem depressing, or even scary. But to you, it was always calming. You always saw rain as a new beginning; the once grey clouds releasing stress and looking fresh afterward. You admired how clouds were ever-changing and growing, merging and separating, just like relationships, habits, and passions in life.

But that was one of many reasons why you admired the rain, and the most in-depth reason, too. You also just like how the world falls completely silent, safe for the rain droplets plopping onto the ground and leaves. The smell was fresh and humid, and the sound of rain on the roof and windows was a perfect touch to your reading.

Your Spotify playlist chimed in the background quietly, occasionally distracting you from your reading just to think, or listen to the lyrics carefully-regardless of how many times you've already heard them. Having a busy mind comes with both its pros and cons, but even on days you wanted to relax, you still couldn't keep your mind lazy.

Just as you were finally starting to focus on the words written on a page of your book, your phone buzzed. You switched the book into your non-dominant hand, picking up your phone in the other. You had received a message from someone you used to live with, saying a package in your name was delivered to their house.

With a sigh, you set your book and phone down. You rubbed your eyes dramatically, hands sliding down your face in the process. You took a moment to process how this person managed to reach out to you after you did everything within your power to remove them from your life. After catching your breath, your heart that was pounding in your ears slowly went away, thus deciding to respond level-headedly.

"Drop it off at my mom's house, no way am I giving you my new address." You sent the message, without a care in the world for your package anymore. Your pleasant mood was short-lived, especially with the commotion going on around you.

Suddenly, a loud, slapping sound of thunder broke you out of your current daze, followed by a flash of lightning that snuck through your curtains, nearly flooding the corner of your room with that bright light, brighter than your favorite scented candle you had lit. Instead of having lights on, you thought candles suited your reading mood.

You got up from your bed to look out the window with curiosity. You rested your elbows on the window sill, while you pinched the curtains away and out of your line of sight. Looking through the window, it was clear that it wasn't just a quiet rain as it was earlier, but a pouring and pounding storm. Pools of water gathered within the potholes of the road, cars splashing water as they drove fast through the rain.

You couldn't help but worry about your roommates. Some of them went out since it was a Friday night, though they probably got caught in the rain. Thoma went to the grocery store, Itto was at the gym, whereas Childe and Kaeya went to a bar. Though it didn't come as a surprise to you that they drank, you certainly didn't want to encounter the both of them drunk.