Chapter 4

And so the sun rises again, as its radiant rays sneak through the curtain of the living room and warm your face. Though the sun may be blinding you this morning with its bright beams, that wasn't the reason for you waking up. The sound of the front door closing with a squeak is what grabbed your attention.

Though, before you could even think about who was closing the door, your thoughts went straight to last night. You had noticed you weren't leaning on Diluc's head when you awoke, for he was gone, yet the blanket remained sprawled over your lap. You scoff at his persistency when it came to giving you that blanket.

You assumed he probably woke up in the middle of the night and went to his room out of embarrassment if you knew anything about him. But he wasn't the only one who felt self-conscious, your actions last night made you feel that way, too. Was it weird to be sleeping closely next to someone you just met? Perhaps it was too soon for you to be comforting a man you knew nothing about? No, it's never wrong to help someone out, especially if they were going to be living with you for a while. In spite of having all these negative thoughts, you still believed it was good to form close bonds with your roommates. It's not like any of them had feelings for you, anyway. Some will tease you, while the rest of the bunch are polite and respectful.

But no matter, the past is in the past. The last way you wanted to start your day was to get worked up over something you couldn't change. With a stretch and a squinting of your eyes to protect them from the blinding sun, you turned yourself around and peered over the couch. There stood Thoma, wiping sweat off his forehead with the bottom of his shirt, a toolbox held by his unoccupied hand. When he lifted his shirt, your tired yet horny eyes could make out the shape of his abs. Though he's previously worn tight shirts, you never realized how built the man was. You had never expected him to have abs because he seemed to enjoy house chores, but now, you were staring at them. Realizing its rude to jump to conclusions about your roommates, you instantly blocked out those thoughts from your mind while mentally apologizing to Thoma. Every day your roommates manage to surprise you more and more.

The blonde looked up after having let go of his shirt, as it lay wrinkled on his torso, still revealing some skin. He saw your glance, blinking a few times before holding a stare for but a second. At this realization, his body began to grow warmer, despite being inside with the air on. Not only that, but when he tried to stop himself from making embarrassing facial features, his ears began to turn pink. Thinking of a quick way to distract you from that, he began to speak.

"G-good morning! I hope I didn't wake you." He blurted out apologetically, as he rubbed his neck subconsciously to rid the newly accumulating sweat and the sweat that was already there from working hard outside. The sweat tickling his neck didn't make anything easier but fidgeting with his hand helped him function in the long run.

"It's alright, you didn't wake me- but I'm wondering, did you get home safely last night? It was pouring really bad." You worried as you turned your whole body around, to save your neck the pain of looking over your shoulder. You rested your arms on the ledge of the couch, lazing your chin in the crevasse of your folded elbows.

"Yeah, I managed to get home in one piece. Itto and I had to pick up Childe, Kaeya, and his car because they got madly drunk. Oh, and I just got done fixing the breaker box outside. It's the landlord's job to fix it but he's... highly irresponsible, and I have to keep fixing it in his stead." Your eyes and body followed his every move as he walked around the house talking to you. He went over to the storage closet to put away the toolbox, then speed-walked back towards the door, to grab a box and some letters to then place on the coffee table in the living room.

'Wow.' You mouthed inaudibly. You didn't know what else to say, for Thoma's talent and knack for things left you speechless. Not only did he care for his roommates much like you did, but he knew how to fix things, too. He was like a one-man band; you name it, he could do it! It was very tempting to sit him down and have a conversation with him about all his skills and hobbies, but it looked like he was very busy, so it could wait for another time.