𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Serious Author's Note: Hey, before this chapter starts I just want to tell you all that I have been facing serious health issues that could potentially require surgery. If I test positive on any of these tests, this book and my profile will go on hiatus with no definitive time of when I will publish again. 

This is really scary and serious for me, so I just wanted to let you all know right now because if things go badly I could potentially end up dying from this. Anyways enjoy this chapter! :)

—————————————

"I never thought it would be you"

The sun peaked in through the window and I turned away, pushing into someone else. I paused for another second before snuggling into Damien's arms. He was so warm, and his scent enveloped me allowing me to relax. I sighed, pulling down at the flimsy t-shirt I had borrowed last night after we had finished.

I smiled, staring a the hickeys that littered his neck, knowing that he had given me matching ones all over. It was almost endearing in a way.

That's when I remembered the guy who pointed a gun a Damien. Fuck, what would I have done if he had actually fired the weapon?

Thoughts started to spiral through my brain, until my comfortable heater moved, his eyes openings. His blue eyes met my green eyes and he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning, princess," Damien mumbled, and I smiled up at him.

"You sleep well?" I ask, and Damien groans, pulling back before nuzzling his head in my neck.

"Yeah, are you feeling okay?" He asks, his breath tickling my jaw.

"A little sore, but nothing's hurting too much." I feel Damien stiffen, before his arms snake around me and pull me closer. I blush a little looking out the window. 

"Ella, this is very selfish of me," Damien mumbled into my ear, "but would you be interested in another round?" he whispered, and I turned to look at him.

"Were the five rounds last night not enough for you?" I wondered, and I felt Damien nibble at my neck.

"That was last night, and this is today," he mumbled, rolling so I laid under him. "I need a yes, or no, Ella," he growled. I was about to give my answer when the door opened, and Haven walked in, on her phone.

"Damien, you've got to—" Haven stopped and stared at us, and for a moment, no one moved, until Haven lifted up her phone, snapped a photo, and slowly walked backward before shutting the door.

Damien, glanced down at me, before pushing himself off the bed and hurrying after Haven. "I swear if you show that to my mother!" I heard him yell and I started to laugh, the screams of delight from Haven echoing as Damien chased her around the house.

Eventually, I headed over to Damien's closet and searched for a sweatshirt before pulling on my "Cinderella" leggings and heading to the bathroom to wash my face and hair. I think we had removed most of the face paint from last night, but I now had the fresh morning eyes that had evaded me last night and scrubbed at the last few remaining chunks of dried paint on my face.

Eventually, Damien staggered in, as I rebraided my hair. "You doing okay?" I asked, and Damien scowled. "She wanted to send it to her mom, who would have sent it to my mother."

"Oh, the tragedy of your mother learning that you are not a virgin," I say leaning against the counter and Damien relaxes.

"Are you still okay with going to the cafe today?" He said, his eyes staring into the reflection of mine.

"Yeah, before that, I wanted to talk to you about the Cinderella thing, both at The Pumpkin and at the gala," I said, tying off the ends of my hair.

"I'm not going to say anything, rumors will die off," Damien quickly stated, and I turned to him, my brows furrowed.

"You think that it's going to go away that easily? More and more articles have been published about it recently," I say, turning to look in the mirror.

"Those are gossip articles," Damien corrected.

"They are still articles though," I say, rubbing my arms. Damien paused for a moment before pulling me close to his chest. I sighed, looking up at Damien. 

"If y'all are done making babies, can we get some coffee?" Haven said, from Damien's bedroom, and I felt the man behind me stiffen.

"Remind me to change the passwords on my house," he muttered, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I'm ready, but let's give your cousin a little bit of time to get ready and dressed," I say, pulling away from Damien who scowled.

I heard him mumble as I left the bathroom and saw Haven laying on the bed.

"So, you stop because he ran out of condoms?" Haven asked pointing to the trashcan and I turned red.

* * * * * * *

Thankfully, Haven didn't tease us on the way to the cafe, but I watched her text Nike the entire car ride and walk.

Damien pulled the door open and I spotted Nike sitting in a corner staring at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"I'll get you guys your coffee, Haven, Ella, anything you want?"

"Whatever pastries look good," I say heading over to Nike who closed her mouth but stared toward my neck.

"Did y'all even sleep last night?" she asked, and I laughed before remembering why I went to Damien's in the first place.

"Something happened at The Pumpkin and we had to leave so he took me to his place and one thing lead to another," I say, feeling my cheeks start to heat up.

"Yeah, Haven sent me an image of the trashcan. Also, backup, what happened at The Pumpkin?"

"Someone brought in a gun and tried to shoot Damien," I say staring at Haven bitrate Damien as she ordered coffee for herself.

"Holy shit, was everyone okay?" Nike worried, and I smiled. 

"I think so, but it wouldn't matter to the business anyways, no news outlet will find out about it," I say as Nike shrugged.

"Fair enough, but speaking of news outlets, someone has come forward claiming to be Damien's Cinderella," Nike said, pulling out her phone.

I stared down at the image, before feeling my heart rise to my throat. I heard Haven and Damien walk over and I glanced up at them, before turning away, my face turning pale.

Nike had screenshotted an article, Billionaire's Mystery Girl Finally Found.

Below the title was an image of Katherine in a replica of the dress I had worn that night, smiling smugly.

I was going to kill her.

(1101 words)

Yay! Hope you like it! I would appreciate it if you would vote and comment, but don't feel pressured to.

Anyways, I hope you all have a good week and I'll keep you updated on my health issues.

Stay Safe! :)