𝐈𝐕. 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

1971, Chicago, Illinois

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓 as she felt the ice-cold water that Lola had poured on her run down her back.

"Screw you" Dawn mumbled as she exited the bus which was now parked in a lot in front of a big arena.

Dawn placed a cigarette between her lips and felt around in her pockets."Does anyone have a ma-"

"Oh" Dawn had turned around to discover Jimmy standing ready with a lit match

"Thank you," Dawn mumbled and put her cigarette to the lit match which Jimmy was quick to put out.

"You don't like me, do you?" Jimmy questioned, fishing for the obvious answer.

"By no means," Dawn muttered, rolling her eyes under her big, black sunglasses.

"Come on, we're gonna be on the road for nine months, you can't hate me forever," Jimmy replied. Dawn chuckled and tilted her head.

"Yeah? Try me" Dawn said and began walking towards the arena where everyone else was. "Come on, this is stupid!" Jimmy spoke and grabbed Dawn's hand.

"For god's sake, leave me alone!" Dawn yelled yanking her hand away from Jimmy's grip. She took off her sunglasses and turned around to face Jimmy in a rage. He walked to her and put his mouth to her ear.

"You're hot when you get angry" Jimmy whispered and walked away, leaving Dawn in a trance of rage.

The arena was enormous, and that night, 70.000 people were going to be begging for more. Dawn had kept her eye on Jimmy. He had been rehearsing with a half-opened button shirt. His hair was messy and some had stuck to his sweaty forehead. Dawn hated how gorgeous he was. "You need to give him a break" Pennie spoke. She sat down beside Dawn on the floor. They both watched on as the boys rehearsed, they sounded and looked great, even Dawn couldn't deny that.

"A break? He's a self-absorbed asshole" Dawn spat. Her stomach turned in anger. She couldn't describe why he made her so livid."He's a player, you used to be too, remember?" Pennie laughed. It was true.

Dawn had been a groupie before her musical career. She'd toured around with The Who and The Doors, for the fun of course. And yet, she always seemed to end up heartbroken by a rockstar who loved her only for the night. "Urgh don't mention it!" Dawn keened and massaged her temple.

"C'mon! We have to go rehearse!" Mandy screeched. Her pink outfit was bright and feminine. She'd always been so different from everyone else in the band.

Pennie and Dawn both got up from the floor. The two girls walked up to the stage that the boys had left to sit in the front row, ready to watch.

"Hi, Robert!" Mandy exclaimed in a high-pitched voice that cut like knives into the microphone.