t w o

1393 words

  🐱 POV

Chat Noir was waiting for Marinette to take his hand. Her parents were already out the house, and he needed to protect her. She was looking real confused to why he was even there.

"What's going on?" she asked, snapping his attention back to her while he jumped on her bed. "Where will you take me?"

He leaped next to her and grunted as his feet met the ground. "There's an akuma loose, and it's targeting.." he paused. "You."

He noticed her choke, probably air. "Why me?" she squeezed his arm. "Chat Noir? Answer me, please." she squeezed his arm harder, making him wince.

Chat Noir scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Something about 'stealing the boy of my dreams..' or something along those lines." he softly pushed her hand off, only to grab her hand to help her out the trapdoor. "They say his name was.." he coughed awkwardly. "Nathaniel..?" he tried to sound as clueless as possible, seeing as he actually knew him.

Marinette's eyes widened and facepalmed. Did she know who it was? "It might be Marc.." she grumbled, pulling herself on her balcony with the cat-themed hero close behind her. 

His eyes widened and groaned. It did make sense, he did seem attracted to Nathaniel for a long while, maybe even since freshman year, and they were juniors now, so that must've been a bad heartbreak. He would have to interrogate him after this, to get more answers, and maybe to persuade Marc that he doesn't like Marinette that way. Besides, Chat Noir wouldn't let anyone steal her from him. He grabbed her hand and pulled herself up, then grabbed her waist and pulled her closer.

They both flushed with red. "Hold on.." he murmured, getting his stick out and launching them to a different area.

Chat Noir could feel Marinette's tight grip on his shoulders as he was launching near the Eiffel Tower, seeing as that would probably be the last place to look for her. Once his feet met a floor of it, she immediately let go and blushed a crimson red, soon the superhero followed, but with just a light tint of pink.

He grabbed her hand and kissed the top of her palm. "Stay safe, Purrincess~" he smirked and leaned back, falling off the Eiffel Tower, then launched away.

  🐞 POV

Marinette couldn't help but feel flustered. It's not like the boy she's totally in love with just hugged her to death and kissed her hand. Not at all. Oh, he also made a pun. With Marinette. Not Ladybug, the epic heroine. Marinette, the baker's daughter.

She swat her hands around trying to cool herself down, then a small ladybug-creature flew next to her. "You alright, Marinette?" she hummed.

"Fine, fine, I'm fine. Let's just go- Tikki, spots on!"

after the whole akuma trying because I'm super lazy and busy

"Pound it!" Chat fist bumped Ladybug with a cheeky smile, which made her laugh.

"Before you go Ladybug," he said, grabbing her attention before she leaped off. She snapped her head back at led with a squeaky, "Yes?"

He chuckled. "I left a friend of mines of the Eiffel Tower, and I don't want anything to happen to her pretty face. Bring her home for me?" he winked and leaned back, falling off the building, and zipped away.

He has left her with a wide mouth and a beeping miraculous, she detransformed and revealed a very surprised Marinette and a giggling Tikki. She was so flustered that she couldn't comprehend any words, only strange sounds. 

"I.. um—" she could barely find the words to speak. "Find a way down, from here-" she scratched the back of her neck awkwardly as she walked to the side of the building, seeing a brick wall that has formed around. "Do you think I could make it?" she glanced at Tikki.

She nodded gleefully. "Of course you can! Besides, it's not that far down."

Marinette let herself slide down the roof of brinks, to get closer to the brick wall. She carefully jumped down, and barely missed to wall. She carefully jumped down from there and cautiously motioned herself back for the bakery, hoping not to be seen by anyone, so they wouldn't ask questions to why she was so close to the crime scene.

Once she was able to get herself up to her room she heard a loud crash. It was glass, coming from outside. She quickly got up on her bed to get up to her balcony. She looked outside, only to see a broken vase. She kneeled down to pick up two small pieces of it.

Her eyebrows adjusted and closed her trapdoor, and leaned against her railing. "Sorry about your vase, I didn't mean to break it." she whipped around it complete shock, only to see a tired Chat Noir. "Sorry, again."

Marinette felt herself blush, remembering what he said about her. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. "What is it, stray?"

"Nothin'." he purred, his belt for a tail twitching. He was perched on the side of her roof, sitting comfortably. "Just a question, did you make it safe? Seemed Ladybug went with my request." he let a smirk rise on his face, making small butterflies attack her chest.

"S-She told me you called me cute." she admitted, making the masked hero impossibly red, easy to see due to his black-leathered covered features.

  🐱POV

Chat Noir could feel heat rise to his face, in front of the girl he would die for. Why on earth would Ladybug tell that to her? She had feelings for him, didn't she? Why would she tell a girl something that he said? His smirk wiped off his face and turned into a genuine smile. He let himself leap down next to her, a squeak escaping her lips. He rose next to her and gave her a cheeky grin, giving a blushing Marinette looking at him with disappointment. He slowly gave a cheeky smile, making her grin while rolling her gorgeous bluebell eyes. His cheeky smile was fully there now, seeming too wide.

"I'm extremely tired, got any coffee?" his smile got impossibly cheekier, making her giggle a little  bit. She patted his shoulder then grabbed his hand and pulled him down into her room. Her poster filled room. He widened his eyes at the sight. Sure, she had talked to her friends (including Adrien) about her posters or everyone, but he didn't think she had this many. She went down the stairs, leaving him alone in her room.

Chat Noir ran his fingers along her wall, his nail tracing a nail along her poster of himself. He gave himself a cheeky grin and a flustered face. Could she like him too, as his more ridiculous, hero self?

She had returned with two cups of coffee, one for herself and one for him. She handed one to him and sat next to him on her bed.

"Do you like anyone, princess?" he asked, bluntly, causing her to choke on coffee, yet Chat Noir patted her shoulder in reassurance. "Sorry, that was blunt." he paused to take a drink of coffee. "I just see a lot of pictures of this Adrien model boy around your room."

"Oh him?" she cleared her throat. "No—" this shattered Chat Noir's heart into twelve pieces. "He's a very great friend, yet I am interested in somebody else." she brought her mug to her lips, while her eyes stayed on him. "I know him quite well, and I think you know him too." she smiled softly at him, which made butterflies attack his ribs.

"Personally?" he dramatically drank a large gulp of coffee. "Or just, I know him a little? How well do you know him?"

Marinette rolled her eyes and took a sip of coffee, then gazed in his green, fiery eyes and blushed. She plucked the coffee mug away from his hands and placed them behind her. She scratched her neck and leaned slightly closer to him. "You know him better than anyone." she murmured, their eyes still locked.

Chat Noir breathed slowly, her eyes rolling to her lips. "Do I?"

That's when he closed the gap between them, and neither of them wanted to pull away, so they didn't.