t e n

1086 words

🐞 POV

Adrien and Luka.. they never had the best relationship.

Marinette could never figure out why. But once Adrien found out Luka had lost feelings for someone (she has no clue who) they actually got along. They liked the same girl, that explains a lot. But who could it be?

Chloe? No, she laughed out loud for that one. Adrien would never like his best friend, seeing as what he said at their last hang out.

Alya? She nearly cried laughing for this one. He and Nino were bros, and bros don't steal each other's girlfriends. Or do they?

Kagami? No.. Both of them clearly stated that they were all just friends, and it was better that way.

Lila? Marinette literally snorted. She would have to be in a nightmare to see that.

Marinette? Well, of course not, they're just fri—

She didn't finish that thought as she remembered how they would yell "noirette" to each other constantly. Adrien's strange behavior around her would be resolved, but he stopped that. So maybe, he was just uncomfortable for a while and was finally able to get over it. Yeah, that's it! Adrien was one of her best friends, and two best friends could never date. Even he said so.

But it still really bothered her. She needed to find out who his best friend's crush was, whenever she had to cross the world to find out.

"-Nette! Marinette!" Tikki's voice interrupted her thoughts, also jumping her a little causing her to almost snap her pencil that she was currently holding in hand. "You've been at this crush thing for two days, Marinette." she spotted softly, "He obviously doesn't want anyone to find who it is, so why bother?"

She slapped both palms of her hand to her forehead, groaning in defeat. "You don't understand, Adrien tells me everything. Why keep this a secret?" she paused for a moment. "Unless it's a celebrity crush, then I wouldn't blame him." she rose from her desk and exhaled. "I'll be on the balcony."

The oversized ladybug smiled at her owner. "Hoping for someone?"

"Shush, it's been four days since I've last seen him. Let me dream." she defended, but did not disagree.

Tikki zipped away to somewhere in her room as she started to climb for the trapdoor that was directly above her bed stand. The trapdoor creaked open as she opened it, revealing a Chat Noir with a rose in hand.

"It's cold today, princess." he said, effortlessly jumping down next to her one her bed, then closing the trapdoor. "I was bored today, and I thought we might have to talk about what happened."

Her eyes widened and she cradled her knees to her chest. "I'm sorry about that, I hope you can forgive me."

His eyebrows raised in surprise. "Sorry? You don't need to say sorry." he put the rose in her hand gently. "I like you too."

Marinette stopped breathing. She always had dreams and fantasies where he actual declared his love for her. But in all of those, she was dressed in a spandex polka dotted costume with a mask covering her eyes, covering her identity. There also may or may not have been her own image of Chat Noir somewhere, with his mask on and with no shirt showing and abs she could feel when she hugged him. She just remembered to breathe, letting out a small exhale and looking back at the man who was currently declaring his love for her. Different than she had dreamt about, but still.

She was just frozen in place, only able to shift her vision to his eyes.

His electrifying, inhuman, green eyes.

"Marinette, you've been staring at me for five minutes." Chat Noir said simply, interrupting her thoughts and internal screams. "I know I'm handsome, but I don't wanna brag."

Well, I can't really help it. It's not like I've been in love with you for 4 years and you kept telling me that you had feelings for someone else, and that's when I found out I was my own loveblock.

"S-Sorry!" she finally broke from her thoughts. "This is all just so much right now. There is nothing wrong with you, it's just that I figured out my best friend has feelings for someone and he didn't tell me who." she swore she saw him stiffen, but he calmed down a few seconds later. "And what do you expect? How would you feel if you found out that your crush likes you back? That only happens in-"

"-fantasies and movies." Chat Noir had completed for her. "And trust me, I felt the same way. I was anticipating with my kwami to what might happen next time I come visit you." he paused to form a nervous smirk. "I was also bandaging.." she heard his voice die while he was speaking, so he just closed his mouth and wrapped his arms around his body.

Marinette nodded, twisting her arms, revealing her bandaged arms.

His smile faltered even more. "They look.. bad."

She shrugged, resting her arms again. "They're just sore, don't blame yourself." she placed a hand on his chest, which made its way to his shoulder than to his neck. Her vision snapped up to his unexpectedly and stared at him, "You haven't been blaming yourself, right?" 

"I don't know whenever to be truthful or lie about that question." he answered shyly.

She gaped at him. "Chat Noir!"

He frowned. "What?"

"I can't believe you."

"What? Can your knight in shining armor not be worried when his princess is injured?" he asked bluntly.

"This 'princess' can defend herself!" Marinette said, starting to stroke the side of his neck with her fingers.

Chat Noir seemed to enjoy her action, seeing as his eyes closed slowly and his frown was replaced by a small smile. After a minute, he added, "As they should." he put his hand on her cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

Marinette used her opposite hand to grab a hold of his bell. She tugged on it, making her capture his lips in her own. She felt him smile as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

She pulled away to remove her knees from her chest, then wrapped her arms around his neck and kiss him again.

Both of his hands were on her cheeks, both stroking with his thumbs.

Kissing him without a mask covering half her face like it was in dreams of hers. It felt weird, but free.