Tension

THIRD PERSON

FM loved her flightmates. She really did. But there were certain times where she wanted to be like Spensa and threaten their lives while standing on a table.

Now was one of those times.

She didn't know what changed. At first, Spin and Jorgen's arguing got heated, but it faded into playful banter with no death threats–or not as many of them. But now, they didn't agree on anything. It was so strange.

Everyone noticed it. Cobb had spoken to the rest of the flight, including Kimmilayn, Nedd, and Arturo, who technically weren't part of the flight. No one knew what changed.

The tension in the room during meetings was near unbearable.

Spensa, ever the risk-taker, wanted to throw everything they had at the Krell. Jorgen, resident bossy-pants, wanted to do it slowly, without risk of losing everything.

But FM slowly realized a pattern.

They would fight when Spensa said she would go up with only a few people. Or when she said she was going to lead an attack. When the chances of her dying were at the highest.

And Jorgen always spoke up against it. He always offered an alternative plan that required someone else to lead or go up alone.

He never wanted her to get hurt.

FM smirked as she watched the scene in front of her, a devious plan sitting in the front of her mind. And if it worked, she was going to embarrass the crap out of them.

"We won't ever leave if we don't take risks, Jerkface." Spensa said, leaning over the table.

"We won't be able to leave if everyone does trying, Spin." It didn't have the same effect as Jerkface, but his tone conveyed it all.

"Well I-"

FM spoke up. "Hey guys, I know you have like sexual tension and stuff, but we're trying to formulate a plan here, so if you could take it somewhere else, that would be great."

Both of their faces turned red as lava and they both jumped back.

"FM-" Spensa began to threaten.

"Okay, now that the lovebirds are out of the way, let's officially start." Cobb said. Thank you, Cobb.

Both of them blushed more than FM had ever seen, and left out separate doors, sending each other unreadable looks.

"Okay, now that they're out of the way," FM said. The younger officers in the room were flabbergasted, while the older, more experienced ones were red from trying to hold in their laughs. "Let's start."

They couldn't hold it in anymore.

The next briefing they had, Spensa and Jorgen didn't fight. In fact, they didn't the opposite. They stood right next to each other, their hand grazing, and agreed on everything.

FM smiled knowing at them.

...

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey, I know it's short, but I hope you liked it! Request and vote!

Kels, out.