Chapter 1: Meeting the Genius

Work. Work drains my very soul almost every day. I love being a doctor, I love scrubbing in and holding the scalpel. I save lives but I don't feel like there's a meaning in my life besides that.
"Grey. Grey!" Bailey screamed at me. I shook my head and turned towards her. "Are you done with your charts?" She asked firmly. "Yes." I shook my head while handing the binder. She stared at me weirdly. "What? Did I do something wrong?" I asked anxious. "No, get a coffee." She eyed me one more time before walking away.
I walked away and bumped into the worst person I could bump into.. "Lexie!" Julia Canner laughed. "Juila." I said slowly with a fake smile. Mark was staring at us and I had to act nice since the last time when I threw the ball at her at the hospital game. "Can we talk later? I have a few patients." I said fast.
She walked away after my sentence and hugged Mark. I rolled my eyes and went into my patients room. I explained that we were going to make a small incision in the brain to remove the tumor. It was a simple procedure.
*few minutes later*
I stared into the operating room, I honestly didn't know if I had it in me today. Julia and Mark were just messing with my head. I finished scrubbing in and stood behind Derek to observe. "Want to make the cut?" He turned around and asked. I looked around with a smile. "Of course! Thank you Dr. Shepherd!" A nurse handed me a scalpel, I grabbed the scalpel and aligned it with the skin. There is no better feeling in the world then operating.
"All yours Dr. Shepherd." I smiled. "Dr. Grey, why don't you remove the tumor too." I took a deep breath and removed it. "Close up too." Derek remarked. I sighed and finished up. Derek walked over and observed. "Nicely done." He patted my shoulder. I let out a sigh of relief.
*one hour later*
My shift ends at 8:34, it's 7:40 now. Going home would be the best thing today if I hadn't performed a surgery on my own!
I walked into the room of the patient I had just performed surgery on. The heart monitor wasn't moving. I ran into the room to check the patients pulse. I put my fingers on his throat and wrist yet no pulse. "Code blue!" I screamed. "I need a crash cart! Page Dr. Shepherd!" I screamed even louder. "Come on! Stay alive!" I whimpered. I started compressions. The nurses came in instantly. "Charge 150!" "Clear!"
The body went thunk. Nothing. "Dr. Grey, he's gone." The nurse said. I put the paddles back and sighed. I looked up to the clock. "Time of death, 8:20. Alert the family." I sighed walking out.
I changed out of my scrubs and went to Joe's Bar. "Usual?" Joe asked while pouring me a drink. "Make it double." I pointed up. "Lose someone?" He asked. I nodded my head in disappointment. "This seat taken?" A man asked. "All yours." I said without taking my eyes off my drink.
"Rough day?" The stranger asked. "You wouldn't believe it." I responded. I turned towards him, this man was attractive, tousled curls, brown eyes, slender and tall. "I'm Lexie." I introduced with my hand out. "Spencer." He replied while shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you." We both said. Slowly I let go of everything in my life, the hospital, Mark. "So what are you doing here?" Spencer asked. "I'm just a girl in the bar." I replied. "You?" I asked. "I'm just a guy in the bar." He replied shortly. I flashed a smile before turning my head.
Soon our drinks started doubling, I felt happy, then one thing led to another.. we went back to my apartment. We kissed passionately, walking to my room our clothes scattered in a trail. Our bodies for perfectly between each other. What started as a good day then ended bad turned around. I couldn't help but wonder could this turn into something?