Chapter 4: Bliss

*Spencer's POV*
My head pounded with the regretfulness of drinking so heavily. I knew better, especially as a federal agent. I had almost forgotten I was in bed with another person. Statistically it takes 4 months to fall in love with someone, for me it took 3 days. I batted my eyes down to the delicate woman who rested on my chest. I studied her heartbeat for a moment
"You know, it's real creepy when you stare at me." Lexie snarked. "Only because you're so beautiful." I added. Flirting wasn't my game to say the less, I was horrible and awkward. "I'm too tired to be a surgeon today. Something about stitching people up with a hangover doesn't seem right to me." Lexie joked as she got ready.
I had forgotten that we were leaving back to headquarters tomorrow. "What's wrong?" She asked. I didn't reply, there was so much to tell her but I couldn't . "Spence." "You're leaving tomorrow, aren't you?" She assumed. I nodded my head in sorrow. I didn't expect to leave with a heavy heart. "We both knew this was happening." I sighed. "I didn't know so soon. He barley just got half his hearing back." Lexie spoke. "Once he recovers, they'll transfer him. Garcia already called about a new case in Manhattan." I replied.
"So what's that mean for you and me. I live here, you live in Virginia. My job is saving people, your job is arresting people. I know I am being unreasonable and selfish but what happens when you leave." Lexie uttered.
"I- I don't know." I mumbled while buttons my shirt. "Let's just, let's just get through today." I suggested. Lexie agreed with me. "I'll see you later." She said walking out of her room. I followed her and met up with the team at the station. "There he is." Morgan chuckled. "Where've you been?" JJ asked subtly. "With people. I do have a life outside of the BAU." I joked. "He's been with a girl." Rossi said while sipping coffee. "How would you know that?" Hotch smirked. "Who is she kid?" Rossi chuckled. I fidgeted with my tie. "A doctor." I mumbled. "One of the doctors on the case?" Prentiss asked. "I rather not discuss this." I cleared my throat and walked to the coffee pot.
If I even dropped Lexie's name, JJ and Emily would tell Garcia and they would immediately befriend her, Morgan would probably hit on her a few times, Hotch and Rossi would keep to themselves but question her every once and a while.
I love her but I can't. If we did have a future, I would be leaving her all the time, putting her in danger, and I couldn't bear anything happening to her. Not after Maeve. "You okay?" Emily asked. "I'm fine. Just thinking." I admitted. "About her?" Emily asked again. I nodded my head. Emily patted my back and told me "Remember, work isn't always going to be the most important thing in your life." We walked out and went to the hospital to check up on the unsub. We split up. I said I was going to the bathroom which was a complete lie. My eyes scanned the room, looking for her. I saw her talking to someone at the desk. She saw me staring and smiled. I walked over to her with this big smile. "Staring at me again Dr. Reid?" She smirked. Before I could say anything, a woman asserted herself into our conversation. "Ah little grey!" This woman spoke. "Hello Julia." Lexie said unpleased. "And who is this?" Julia said while scanning me. "Dr. Spencer Reid." I said while shaking her hand. "Julia!" She exclaimed. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked Lexie. "Yes! Yes he is." Lexie said eager. I could tell this Julia got under Lexie's skin. I couldn't piece it together but something happened. "Be careful! I might steal this boyfriend too!" Julia laughed. Lexie faked a laugh. "Got to run! Mark is waiting for me in the on-call room." Julia laughed and walked away. I could see the tension now. "God she's annoying." Lexie chuckled. "Are you okay? She seems passive aggressive." I whispered. "I'm fine. It's not worth my time." She smiled while looking into my eyes. "I do have a question though, what does the on-call room mean in that way?" I asked. "Oh, basically where doctors sleep together when their supposed to be sleeping." Lexie said normal."That's a daily thing?" I asked surprised. "Of course." She said. Lexie kissed my check and walked away. I watched her fade away, Lexie Grey had my heart and soul.

!A/N! Hi everyone, I'm very sorry I have been horrible about updating. I've had a busy few weeks but now I'll try and update as soon as possible?