Chapter 4

Tyler walked with me to my session, Reese had gone back to his dorm. While we were talking, the nagging thought that he wasn't going anywhere kept coming back up.

I smile when I get an idea.

"Tyler," I say, cutting off whatever he was saying. "Why don't you come with me for the weekend and hang out with my friends? Blaze will be there, so you'll get to see him." His head whips around and he freezes in place.

"You mean you want me to hang out with you and your friends? And stay at your house?" His face is blank so I can't tell if I steped over some kinda boundary or maybe he just doesn't actually like me that much?

"Yeah? Well no- I mean you could but Blaze- yes. I mean yes I do but also-" He puts his hand on my shoulder and makes me turn until I'm staring into his sharp brown eyes. He looks like he could be staring into my soul with those eyes, like he could be tearing me apart. 

"Smiles, breathe. Get your thoughts together." I stare into his eyes as a wave a calm hits me. I take a breath. I want to say 'Yes, I would like if you came. You can stay at mine, or ask Blaze to stay with him.' I take a breath in and nod.

"Okay, I'm good. Thanks." I smile at him. He kinda smiles back? I don't know what it was... maybe a grimace?

"I would like if you came with me, I know my friends would like you. And yeah. You would probably stay with me, but I'm sure if you asked Blaze you could stay with him." So not exactly what I wanted to say, but at least I got the words out. Tyler looks tired though.

"Um... Yeah. I would like to stay with you." He says, taking his hand off my shoulder, which I kinda forgot was there.

"Cool!" I say, smiling. This is gonna be fun!

----

"Brooooooooooooo!" I hear a shout as I get out of the taxi. Blaze is sprinting down my driveway full speed. I barely have time to steel myself before he jumps onto me. He wraps his arms and legs around me in a hug, but its the most violent hug ever. I grin and hug him back.

"Hey, man! Hows it going? I've missed you." I tell him as I put him down. He grins.

"Its going great now that you're here! We have all missed you!" He grabs my hand and leads me into the house. I don't even think he noticed Tyler yet. I had texted in the group chat that I was bringing a friend, but knowing Blaze he was probably blowing Milo and didn't see. God they go at it like rabbits. However Rosie did send back a thumbs up so at least one person for sure knows someone else is here.

I look back at Tyler as I'm pulled into the garage and see hes paying the driver and getting our bags. 

"GUYS HES BAAAAACK!" Blaze screams, holding me in place like I might run. I shake my head and grin at his antic's. 

"You're here!" Nate says, jumping out of Rosie's lap and hugging me. He- much like Blaze- wraps his entire body around me. Then Maggie is in front of me. She dives into my chest and starts crying. Blaze and Nate let go of me so I can wrap my arms around her. I know this is harder on her then the other since she thinks its her fault I was put in Martin Jenkins.

"Its okay, Maggie. Its okay." I whisper into her hair. She takes in a shaky breath and stops crying. 

"I've missed you so much." She says.

"I've missed you too. Who am I supposed to tease relentlessly? Reese would punch me in the gut if I teased them." I smile as she laughs a bit. 

"Welcome back, Ma- Smiles." Rosie says. Everyone gives her confused looks when she says by nick name. She jerks her head toward Tyler whos standing in the opening of the garage.