𝒮𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒞𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓎

Harry POV
Sorting Ceremony

We've finally arrived to Hogwarts. (Y/N), Ron, and I got off the train making our way to Hagrid who was signaling to go towards him. "Hi Hagrid" I said looking up at him "hello Harry" I looked over Ron and (y/n), boy did they looked impressed by the big man towering over them. The first years had to go through the boats only three on each. Ironically Ron and (y/n) rode the same boat with me. I admired the view that surrounds us. I could see the stars up in the sky, the moon shining over us, but the thing that caught my eye was the castle. Oh man it was big and beautiful something very eye catching.

All the first years students headed inside taking the stairs. Before we can join our other classmates we were stopped by someone. She had green robes and a hat on the top of her head. "In a few moments you will go in through those doors and join in with your other classmates, before you will be sorted into your houses" she mentions taking a small pause before continuing "there are Gryffindor, Huffelpuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin" she looked over at the students before saying "while your here your house will be like your family, your tramps will earn you points any rule breaking you will lose points"

Before she could continue a sound of a toad interrupted her while a boy who assume was Neville tried grabbing it"Trevor" he took his toad, he looked up at the professor embarrassed "sorry" he muttered. She left to see if the ceremony was ready for us. We were all talking about how excited we are. Until a faint voice yelled "so it's true then, what they've been saying in the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" I looked to my side and seen a young boy with platinum hair talking. Everyone started whispering about me "this is crabb and goyle and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" he walked up facing me. I heard Ron snorted at mention of his name, (y/n) just hit him slightly to make him stop "think my names funny do you, no need to ask yours red hair and hand me down robe you must be a Weasley" it made me mad of what he just said insulting my friend. I could also see (y/n) glaring at him. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding family's are better than others Potter, you don't want to make friends with the wrong sort" he said facing Ron, (y/n) just comforted him holding his forearm making sure he's ok. "I can help you there" Draco extended his hand out for me to shake. I took a glimpse of it "I think I could tell the wrong sort for myself thanks" I face (y/n) and saw her smiling at me still holding Ron by the forearm. Malfoy seemed offended before he could say anything professor Mcgonagall
tapped his shoulder gaining his attention. Malfoy walked back to his friends "were ready for you now"  professor Mcgonagall said guiding us to the doors.

————————————————————————
Y/n POV

We walked in these huge doors revealing our older classmates. As were walking I saw Hermione walking next to me. I looked up the ceiling and saw lots of floating candles how fascinating I thought. "It's not a real ceiling it's just bewitched to look like the night sky, read about it in Hogwarts history" I looked over her and just smiled at her wow she really did her research I thought.

We made it all the way to the front near the other professors. I looked over the sorting hat and felt my stomach make a lot of flips I'm getting so nervous. Before the  sorting professor Dumbledor had a few things to say  "the first year please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden for all students" he took a pause before continuing his announcement "also Mr. Filch asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bound to everyone who does not wish to die a painful death, thank you" I got a little paranoid at the mention of death I better let that sink in. "So when I call your name you will come forward and I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you'll be sorted into your houses" she took the peace of parchment with the list of names now I'm really nervous I felt my hands beginning to sweat. I was between Ron and Harry i took a glimpse at their faces they seem relaxed, like how I thought "Hermione Granger" she called out, Hermione came up the steps whispering to herself. "Mental that one I'm telling you" I gasped at Ron's comment, so I smacked his arm lightly for his rude comment he just gave me a face of  disbelief.  "Gryffindor" the sorting hat yelled. The Gryffindor table clapped at their new member cheering her in a welcoming way. "Draco Malfoy" I heard the professor say, he walked up and sat down the stool before the hat even touched his head it yelled "Slytherin!" the Slytherin table claps and Ron leaned in "there isn't a witch or wizard who hasn't gone bad that was in Slytherin" at the mention of Ron's words it made me feel bad, my dad is a Slytherin and he's a great guy not all Slytherins are bad. I just ignored his comment looking forward. "Susan Bones" a girl with red hair came up she looked rather nervous. I turn to noticed Harry a bit distracted I looked over where he was looking at, it was a professor with black robes and slightly long hair. "Ow" I hear Harry say "whats wrong Harry" I say Ron looked over me and shrugged I did the same. I noticed he was rubbing his scar "is there something wrong Harry"