Chapter 5

"There's someone who looks like me." Y/N commented as he watched a man from the crowd of people that came out after the Spatial quake. "But looking at his clothing, he seems to be middle class so not a good option to impersonate him."

He searched through the crowds, hoping to find someone with better salaries and similar looks.

"Tch, I won't find anything here, I guess the rich have their homes protected and hidden during these things." Y/N said, disappointed.

He walked further into the alley, climbing the wall of the dead end and going to another alley. Once there he continued walking, smelling the air to look for possible candidates.

"Hey hey mister, what you doing here?" A random guy asked.

The man was taller than Y/N by about a one third of a meter. He was fat and looked like the very definition of an ugly bastard.

His tone, he has the audacity to try to look down on me! Y/N thought.

"Hey I asked you something-" the man began, going to touch Y/N's shoulder.

"Don't you even think of touching me with your lowly hands." Y/N said in an aggressive manner.

"Whoa whoa, why the hostility, I am just trying to be friendly." The man said, backing off a bit.

Suddenly, from the darkness of the alley, a gunshot sounded from a corner. Y/N jumped in response to avoid the bullet. The man wasn't lucky and he looked down to see his belly and back where replaced by an empty hole.

He soon collapsed to the ground, dead from the shot.

"Ara ara, you have incredibly fast reactions, you are one most definitely aware of your surroundings." The person from the shadows said.

He voice sounded feminine, like a young girl of high school age. Y/N used Scary Monsters to look into the shadows to see the speaker. Then, the man's dead body was dragged into the shadows by some ghostly pale hands, only leaving the blood stains to prove someone existed.

Shit, she must be a Spirit, I have only read vol. 1 of the light novel, I don't know jackshit about this one! Y/N thought.

The only things that Y/N could see with his enhanced vision was the glowing of a crimson dress, with the shimmering of a Flintlock pistol in the light.

"No witnesses."