Surprises

25 December, 2005
12 Grimauld Place, Borough of Islington, London.

As Carina Black was in the Janus Thickey ward talking to a supposedly dead Peter Pettigrew, and a supposedly insane Frank and Alice Longbottom, the group of four teenagers and werewolf had joined up with Molly and went back to Grimauld place.

Upon entering the house, Hermione rushed to the library to look for 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' and see why Carina asked her to look at it.

Harry and Remus, on the other hand, went looking for Sirius to talk to him, while Ron and Ginny went to the twins' room to tell them about what had happened that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Hermione

Hermione went into the library and started looking for the book she was recommended. Finding it surrounded by books on wizarding culture, like Carina had said it would be, she pulled it out, but instead of the book coming off of the bookshelf, it just returned back to its place. There was a click and the bookshelf opened like a door. Curiously, she opened it and went in, and what she saw was not what she was expecting. It was a hidden library inside the bookcase. There were ebony bookshelves all around the walls, filled with books of all shapes and sizes. In the middle, there was a grey couch and two grey armchairs surrounding a black coffee table.

Going around and looking at all the books, she saw a bookshelf full of journals of different colours. As she went through the journals, she saw that they had names on them, some she recognised, like Sirius Black and James Potter and others she didn't recognize, like Rosalie Lestrange and Fabian Prewett. She saw that they were also numbered and guessed that that was the order they were supposed to be read in. Pulling out the one with the number 1 on it, she saw the name Marlene McKinnon on it and remembered that Carina Black said she looked like this woman. So, she took the book out of the bookshelf, sat down on the couch in the sitting area in the middle of the hidden library and opened the journal. Curious about what she might find, she started reading.

-

Entry one:

9 November, 1985

My name is Marlene Margret McKinnon, heiress apparent to the Ancient and Most Noble House of McKinnon. I am a member of a group known as the Order of The Dark Wolf. I am a part of Gryffindor house at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry. Everyone in the order has a nickname, mine is Aphrodite as reference to my family name, McKinnon, which means love in Gaelic.

Our leader/older sister, Carina Black, A.K.A Morrigan, tasked everyone in the group to write a journal each on a specific topic. I chose to write on the importance of keeping the wizarding world hidden from the muggles, and why people like Albus Dumbledore, who think it's a good idea to reveal the magical world to the muggles, are idiots that could destroy our world with their ideas.

These journals are numbered, and are to be read in the order they are in.

At the end of each journal, you, whoever is reading this, will find every person's opinion on the upcoming war, and what side we, the OTDW (order of the dark wolf), took. I will be writing this journal through the rest of my years at Hogwarts, and maybe after that.

Now that basic introductions are over and done with, let's get started.

You might think that my opinion might be inaccurate or biased because I am a pureblood. Let me squash that thought before you dwell on it. Yes, I might be a pureblood, but my parents are open minded and made sure that my sister and I were aware of the happenings of the muggle world. They took us on trips to a house we owned in muggle London, where we would stay for a few weeks, living like muggles. That meant no magic in any way, shape or form. Our transportation during our trips was either a car my father had bought, the bus or the underground. As for meals, mum and dad either took turns cooking, took us out to eat or we ordered take out, as we couldn't have the house elves with us if we were living like muggles. We still take this trip to this day, and I plan on continuing this tradition even after I graduate.