VI

Friends Forever?

The sky was rather gloomy with the water pouring through the glass her hand firmly pressed against it. It was not often that she got onto the plane, the silence that comes with a late night fight. Her eyes slightly drowsy as she felt shadowed by the surrounding slumbers of the passengers, especially the one beside her.

His head was tilted laying back on his seat, sound asleep. Just the glance of it made her yawn. The one thing that was holding her from joining him was the anxiety of going to school again. It was not that she was afraid of being far from home while most people would nor what others thought of her, but her own.

With a sudden loud announcement of landing, she takes a deep breath before taking out her newly bought phone to turn back on and barely placing it in her jean's pocket. She scoffs in the complaints she never thought she had to struggle with.

Grabbing her luggage allowed on the plane, she orderly waits to step out of the plane. Now on the ground, the rain was more noticeable as you could hear the rapid trampling on the roof and the dribbles of water past the windows of the airport. Using her phone to locate the area where her remaining luggage is, she arrives as passenger's luggage cycles through the assembly lines of people waiting until they see their own.

There were not many people present at this section of the airport, mainly because most of the flights were thought to be canceled due to the risky weather. She stood with her luggage in hand, eying for the rest of it. Alongside her, there were few groups of others waiting as well.

There was a young bright couple, putting their jackets on their children while she assumed they were waiting for their things, while three men with business attire were discussing with one another.

However, she noticed two young adults with casual attires glancing at her, with one of them especially giving a hard stare. At first, she attempted to ignore it, hoping her luggage would appear sooner. But alas, after waiting for too long she could not resist but glance back. These two particularly had taller stature, one had light green hair with the other having aqua blue hair. Upon looking back, the one with aqua hair gave an alluring grin with his waist towards the side as he stared, neck turned to her.

She quickly looked away, creeped out as she hurriedly awaited her luggage. The green haired individual elbows the aqua blue haired one, shaking his head. They were far enough away from her that she would not quite hear their conversation.

"What are you doing?", he asked with a look of disappointment towards his friend.

"Nothing particularly important, just interested", his friend replied, continuing to eye the young lady across from them.

"That's shocking", he took another glance towards her that his friend was referring to as he gave a slight smirk, "It's quite rare for you to fancy a young brunette. Aren't you a picky one?"

His friend's smile faded, giving his friend a cold side eye as his eyebrows furrowed and for a moment they looked at each other in silence.

"Was it the pun or the comment?" He awkwardly smiled, as his friend shook his head and sighed, starting to walk away.

"And where are you going-", he stopped and noticed he was walking towards her, "ah... forget it"

She took a seat at a nearby bench while the luggage continued to cycle, slightly annoyed that there's very few people here but so many suitcases. She pondered as to why until she suddenly heard, "You still waiting for your things?"