VII

Priorities

Jane went in front of the mirror to check if she wore the right attire for what Wellston required. It was not too restricting as she thought, but sulks slightly at the thought of wearing a skirt.

Pulling her bow together after a quick search on the internet on how to do it, she gave an awkward smile toward the mirror and scoffed. Grabbing her bookbag, she wears it and makes her way to the living room where Cecile is found eating cereal at the kitchen island counter with a similar attire she had minus the grey sweater.

"Good morning...!" Jane said with a smile, going over to find the cereal of her own in the kitchen cabinets above.

Cecile nodded with a swallow of her food, "Morning, did you get all your stuff unpacked yesterday?"

"Yep" Jane replied, "I really did not bring much, I just had a lot of separate luggages, especially for my punching bag"

"Punching bag?" Cecile mentioned in curiosity. Though her tone expressed it, her face remained the similar intimidating look.

"Oh, yeah..!" Jane said happily, sitting next to her while pouring cereal into a bowl, "I use it for exercise often, if you want, you can take a swing at it some time".

"There's no need, my ability does not require intensive physical melee practice" Cecile rejected reasonably.

"Oh" Jane's smile slightly faded, she could not help but pout a bit while continuing eating her cereal.

Taking another scoop of cereal from the bowl, Cecile did the same as they ate together. However, Jane noticed Cecile doing the same thing she did yesterday as eyes seemed to press her.

"I assume your ability enhances a certain aspect of your physical capabilities?" Cecile suddenly examines.

This causes Jane to feel slightly more uncomfortable than she already is from all the staring and the look Cecile gives already. Ever since she had that transition, she never used about ability, nevertheless the thought of it. It never crossed her mind until now, as if she suppressed the memories attached to it. It will only bring him from the past, a past she would rather forget.

"You okay?" Cecile notices Jane's pale face as she blankly holds up a spoon full of cereal without actually doing anything with it.

"Yeah! Yeah, yeah, I'm fine" Jane comes to her senses, quickly eating the cereal and taking another scoop.

"If you say so," Cecile casually says, "I am about to go to class, do you want to walk together?"

"Uh, sure" Jane replied, not seeing what's the harm in it.

Cecile suddenly gets up and throws away the plastic bowl before putting on her bookbag, and waits at the exit to the hall.

"You coming?"

"Yeah?" Jane continues to eat.

"Well, if we don't go right now, we are going to late to class"

"..."

The realization finally hits her, as she brashly finishes her cereal with scoops flying into her mouth, as she quickly throws away her bowl and grabs her backpack strap onto her back.