7.New Look

"This land has been the home of dragons for millenia." Czarina told me. "A home, that just like the dragons themselves, moves and changes with the wind. Tell me, do you remember the feeling you got when you entered the clouds?"

"Ya! It was a sort of a wired tingle feeling." I told her, thinking back to the feeling of got.

"What you felt was the islands protective barrier." Czarina told me. "Only dragons or those with permission may enter the barrier."

"How did these hatchlings get captured then?" I asked.

"It seemed that they tried to fly before they were ready, and in their panic missed one of the islands and fell to the land below where they were found by humans."

"But why would humans want the hatchlings?" I questioned, glancing at the babies in worry.

"As I'm sure you already know dragons are very powerful and rare." Czarina explained.

"There are many who believe our scales or horns can be used to make the ultimate potions or weapons. Among many other theories. Many spend their whole lives trying to capture or kill us, and are willing to sacrifice anything to do so. Take those humans for example. They took the hatchlings likely knowing another dragon was going to come for them."

I looked over at the beautiful world before me sadly. "As much as I hate to say i,t it's true. I was also a human once, and I know it is something we would do." I said hanging my head.

"You must not reject you human side" Ananta.

I looked over I'm suprise to see Czarina gentle eyes meeting mine. "You are as much dragon now as you were human before. It's what makes you who you are."

"Am I truly a dragon though." I asked. "I mean, I just woke up in this body. Does that really make me a real dragon? I know nothing about being a dragon at all."

Czarina didn't reply instead guesturing to the edge of one of the smaller islands overlooking all the others. We landed releasing the hatchlings from our grips. Czarina lowered her head towards the three.

"Go return to your mother's, and no more flying alone." The three nodded quickly before scampering off.

I watched them go wistfully as Czarina straitened back up. "Tell me, what you see Ananta?"

I looked at her in confusion before turning back to the islands. "Umm.. a bunch of floating islands, some dragons, houses?" I listed unsure what she wanted me to see.

Czarina nodded at my answer. "I see a family living together in peace and harmony. A family that trusts and loves one another. And when I look at you," she paused to look at me. "I see a member of that family."

"But what do you mean by that?" I pressed. "I wasn't born here, I'm not one of you." I stopped in surprise when Czarina laughed at me.

"Do not be mistaken Ananta. The fact that you passed through the barrier is proof enough that you are a true dragon."

She looked over the island with eyes saying they saw more than anyone would ever knew.  "We are a small race my dear, because of that all dragons are family. Whether or not we all come from the same place. And family helps eachother. Here you can learn from your brothers and sisters how to control you powers, and just what is means to be a dragon."

I watched in amazement as a black flame consumed Czarina in a tornado growing high into the sky. When it cleared the black Dragon was gone replaced by a beautifully stunning woman.

 When it cleared the black Dragon was gone replaced by a beautifully stunning woman

My mouth hung open speechless "How...!!!???"

"Dragons have many talent's."

Transformed Czarina said, her words seemed even more entrancing now that they were spoke out loud. "Many dragons use this technique to travel and trade safely and peaceful. You have the ability to do this as well."

"Really!!" I exclaimed, feeling the excitement build up within me. "How!!"

Czarina approached me and placed her hand on my head. "Clear your mind of all thoughts and focus entirely on your inner self."

I did as she said closing my eyes, clearing my mind and focusing. Suddenly I felt a warm power flow through me from Czarina's hand and travel throughout my entire body. Red flames swirled up around me just like they had with Czarina, reaching high into the air.

The flames disapated and I slowly opened my eyes. I saw the bottom of Czarina's clothes and had to look up to see her face smiling down at me. "Very well done my dear."

I blinked slowly bringing up my arm to see not sharp talons, instead five human fingers. ACTUAL FINGERS!!  WITH THUMBS!!  I jumped up happily checking out the rest of my body. I twirled around happily laughing as Czarina stood by watching me smiling.

I jumped at Czarina, tears forming in the corners of my eyes

"Thank you. Thank you!" I mumbled into her clothing. I felt her long arms wrap around my own. She let me stay there holding me in her warm embrace, something I hadn't felt in what seemed like forever.

Soon I pulled away wiping the tears from my eyes. "So what now?"

"Well if you feel ready, I believe it is time to Introduce you to the rest of the family."

I nodded with a smile. "Absolutely!"

I  looked over to the main island in confusion. "Do we have change back to dragons to get over there?"

"Actually I do believe there is a faster method." I looked over at Czarina with a question that quickly turned to fear as she fell backwards falling off the small island.

"CZARINA!!" I screamed rushing towards the edge. Just as I reached the edge a black blurr shot past me into the air. I looked up to see Czarina still in her human form hovering above me on a pair of brilliant black scaled wings.

A large smile grew up my face as I watched. "Oh ya, I could definately get used to this."