6.Babies

I observed the three baby dragons huddled together against the cliff, trying my best not to scare them.

On instinct, I let out a purr sort of growl that resonated within my chest letting them know they were safe. It seemed to work as the babies slowly unraveled themselves from each other before launching themselves at my feet.

Baby Dragons

"Whoa!! Hey careful I don't want to hurt you!" I frantically yelped trying to stay as still as possible while they ran around under me

"Oh it will take more than that to hurt them. I assure you."

"Oh that's good to hear.......WHAAA!"

My head twisted around trying to find where the new voice had come from. I froze when I saw the being it had come from.

"Your.....Your A Dragon!!!!"

The black Dragon chuckled at my outstretched talon and shocked face.

"Well this is the first time I've had that reaction from one of my own."

It was definitely female. Although she didn't speak verbally the voice inside my head was soft and gentle. Her brilliant blue eyes shone with a wisdom only achieved from years of experience. I could probably get lost just looking into them for to long.

Dragon

I stared in confusion and a little bewilderment

I stared in confusion and a little bewilderment. "Who are you?" I eventually managed to ask. "Are these baby dragons yours?"

"You may call me Czarina." She introduced herself. "As for your second question, no these hatchlings are not mine. However I did come here to bring them home to their mothers."

"Oh I see. WAIT, you mean there are other dragons!?"

Czarina seemed surprised before looking closely at me for a moment, soon her eyes softened. "I see now, you are one from the other side."

"Huh?" I stepped back in confusion, careful of the babies. "How...how did you know?!" I asked startled.

"Those from the other side have a different aura to them." Czarina explained. "It is a difference so small very few would be able to see it." She tilted her head playfully. "I just happen to be a little special."

I tried to hold in my laugh and half failed.

"Really?" I tilted my head up in thought. "It never even crossed my mind that our auras could be different. But I guess it makes sense since we are from another world."

Czarina nodded. "So what is your name, dragon from another world?"

"Oh, umm. Well my name in my past life was Akari. But when I came here I was given the name Ananta Tempest."

"Ananta Tempest." She repeated. "That is a lovely name. Well Ananta I do believe it is time to return these three to their mothers. Would you mind helping me bring them home."

Of course! I handed two of the hatchlings off to Czarina who took them gently into her front talons and took to the sky. I copied the action with the last one and followed swiftly after her. Side by side I followed Czarina through the bright blue sky as the wind whipped past my talons.

"Tell me Ananta. You are not comfortable in your new form, am I correct?"

I chuckled softly looking up at the endless sky before me. "That obvious huh? You see in my past life I was a human. When I woke up in a dragons body it was deffinatly a shock. It was like I was suddenly a giant walking disaster just waiting to happen. I was scared I was going to hurt Rimuru, or one of my new friends with this new body."

"Is that one of the reasons you left them?" She asked me.

"Maybe." I replied sadly wondering if she was right. "But.. I don't plan to stay away forever. I'm not one to just quit and run when things get tough." I told her with a smile. "Where are we going by the way?"

"We are returning to the dragons homeland."

"Homeland? You mean the dragons have their own country or something?"

"Something like that." Czarina told me with a tiny bit of humor in her tone. "Do not worry, we are almost there."

I strained my eyes hoping to spot it in the distance, but I saw nothing that would suggest a settlement at all, nevermind the home of dragons. So I was even more confused when instead of flying down, Aurelia flapped her wings harder soaring higher into the growing clouds above.

We entered the clouds sending a small shutter to climb up my scales. I would have lost Czarina if I hadn't used my magic sence to find her. The clouds grew denser before easing a bit. I burst through the clouds and froze in my tracks as a large gasp escaped me. I looked to Czarina making sure I wasn't dreaming this. She seemed to laugh quietly at me before nodding.

"Welcome to Terrasen. Land of the dragons."