an inauguration + baby names!

*The Dawson's watch the inauguration together as a family while Shane and Ryland think of baby names for the twins! Thank you to PunchedTheBurrsar for helping me write this! Enjoy and send suggestions! Love • Bree 🇺🇸*

Right now, Shane and Ryland are both sitting on the couch together with Honey and Cheeto between them!

Shane is scrolling through social media on his iPhone while Ryland is looking through a baby name book to find some twin names for the boys! 

Ryland and Shane both think they have names for the twins but Ryland wants to make sure they have perfect names for their boys.

Meanwhile, Rosie and Posey are both sitting on the floor eating bananas and Uno is sitting with them secretly wanting a piece.

Ryland just turned the inauguration on TV to watch since history will be made with Kamala Harris being the first woman Vice President as well as the first Indian and African American Vice President! Joe Biden will also make history by being the oldest president to be inaugurated!

This will also be Rosie and Posey's first ever inauguration they get to witness! Even though the girls are two and one years old and probably won't remember this day, it is still important to Ryland and Shane for the girls to watch the inauguration!

Rosie and Posey happily watch the inauguration even though they have no idea what is going on.

"Where the orange guy that talks a lot, Daddy and Mama?" Rosie asks Shane and Ryland, making both of them laugh.

"President Donald Trump? He left, baby girl! He isn't the president anymore so he had to leave the White House today." Ryland says causing Rosie to cheer.

"Bye bye orange guy!" Posey says playfully making Ryland and Shane both laugh.

"Yeah! Bye orange guy!" Rosie says making Ryland and Shane both laugh.

"Who dat?" Posey asks out loud as she points at George Bush on TV standing with his wife Laura.

"That's President Bush and Mrs Bush! He was the president before!" Shane says to Posey.

"Who dat?" Rosie asks as she points to Hillary Clinton.

"That's Hillary Clinton! She was the First Lady before! She ran for president but President Trump won instead." Shane says to Rosie and Posey.

"Booooo!" Rosie and Posey both say in unison, making Shane chuckle.

"See that man next to Hillary, girls? That's her husband Bill! He was a president too! He was the 42nd president." Ryland says to Rosie and Posey.

"Ooooo!" Posey says with a big smile.

"What number was Bushy, Mama?" Rosie asks Ryland happily.

"George Bush was the 43rd president! And his dad, George H W Bush was the 41st president!" Ryland explains to Rosie and Posey, even though they probably don't understand what these numbers mean.

Just then, President Obama and Michelle have arrived to the inauguration and are on TV. 

"Who dat?" Posey asks as she points to the TV.

"That is President Obama! He was the 44th president! And next to him is his wife Michelle!" Shane says with a grin.

"And President Trump was the 45th president!" Ryland says to Posey and Rosie.

Rosie nods, trying to understand what was happening! Rosie gets some more bananas slices and offers one to Cheeto.

"Oh, don't feed the pets human food, Roo! Remember? We don't want any of them getting sick." Shane reminds Rosie.