Part 4

We walk into the large house. A worried man rushes to the door. He has long blonde hair, blue eyes, which have insane bags under them. He's wearing a bucket hat and a green shirt.

"Tommy! Why are you home so early? Who's this?" He asks, his voice changing from slightly angered concern to worry. I probably look like shit. I stare at the ground.

"This is Tubbo. Can he stay over for a little bit?" Tommy asks. I can't tell the contents of the silent conversation they had that made Phil immediately let me in, but I'm sure pity had a part to play.

Tommy leads me up a set of stairs, with each step I can feel myself get calmer and calmer, working towards the very top where I'll reach normality.

When Tommy takes me to a room I assume is his, closing the door quietly behind him, I don't go fully back to normal. I do feel calmer though.

He rolls up my sleeves again. "Tubbo- I- who did this?" He asks, sounding determined.

"My father." I mumble.

Tommy's eyes widen, but he shuts them and tries to focus.

"Okay. You are not going back home." He confirms, sounding more like he's speaking to himself than anyone else.

"I have to. He'd probably kill me if I didn't." I say.

"He what?" Tommy asks, eyes full of concern. "No. He won't kill you. He won't know you're here."

I sigh, running my hands through my hair.

"I'll run you a shower, okay?" Tommy asks, already walking toward the open bathroom door connecting to his bedroom.

I stand still, hearing the faucet slowly turn on and start pouring water. I take off my shirt, inspecting the bloody bandages my that Techno did yesterday. The spot on my chest where Schlatt punched me last night has some blood seeping through it, and a couple other places with familiar deep cuts have red seeping through. The sweaty bandages have become itchy, and a bit uncomfortable, but at the same time they feel healing.

"Alright." Tommy says. I turn around, looking at him. He stares at the bloody spots on my chest for a moment, and then continues. "The shower's hot. I left a towel and a change of clothes in there. I can help replace your bandages afterward."

I nod, walking into the bathroom and closing the door. I slowly unroll the bandages on my arms and torso, and then the ones on my feet, before standing in the warm, comfortable shower.

The hot water runs down my skin, passing my wounds, before hitting the floor. It takes dirt and blood with it.

I haven't had a hot shower in so long, the water stings at first, burning my skin that's far too used to the cold, but I soon become used to it, comfortable in the warmth.

It's so soothing. When the shower runs cold I contemplate staying longer, but I don't want to taint the experience. I roll the knob that controls the water temperature all the way back, wincing as the water slowly diminishes from a powerful stream to a single drop.

I get out of the shower, drying myself off with the towel before getting into Tommy's clothes. They're a bit big. Who am I kidding, they're huge on me. With Tommy's insane height and the added fact that I'm probably thinner than a dog bone, it's safe to say I could easier fit into the clothes of a fourth grader than Tommy's.

The pants he gave me pull up all the way to my chest, but luckily they have a drawstring type thing, so I pull on the strings until they fit. The shirt he gave me is also huge, but it doesn't seem to effect my range of motion.

I leave the shower room. Tommy's on his computer, staring hard at the screen. He's got bandages next to him, as well as a general first aid kit.