Chapter 1

~Oikawa POV~

Skating.

The cool air flows through my hair as I move across the ice. The only sound echoing through my ears are the blades cutting through the thick sheet below me. Smooth in front, rough behind.

I crossed one foot over the other, picking up speed as foggy air leaves my parted lips. My feet move, forcing me into the air, body spinning, heart pounding, stomach dropping. My favorite feeling.

One skate reaches the glossy floor, the other extends out behind me as my body glides backward, arms reaching to the fluorescent lights. I exhale heavily and bring a foot down to stop my body. The blades cut sharply sideways, bringing me to a halt in the center of the ice.

I smile and breathe in the frigid air. Absorbing the feeling of freedom. The peace and quiet. A sanctuary. My home.

That's where I saw him. The boy with dark messy hair and a surprised look plastered over his face. Standing against the entrance of the ice, puck and stick in hand, padded pants and a navy blue fitted long sleeved shirt. Iwaizumi Hajime.
_______________________________

~Oikawa~

"Ughhhhhh this suckkkss!!!!" Oikawa groans, resting his head on his desk with a pout.

"You're so dramatic." A silver haired boy says while sucking on the lollipop he stole from Akaashi, sitting on the frowning boy's desk

"I'm aware." He does a dramatic sigh as Akaashi and Bokuto enter the classroom.

"He complaining again?" Akaashi asks, stopping in front of them.

"Like always." Suga says with a giggle.

"What is it this time?"

"Ugh everything." Akaashi chuckles and leans back into Bokuto who hopped up on the desk next to Oikawa's.

"Be specific or quit whining."

"Fine." Oikawa lifts his head and leans back into his chair. "We have math next." Akaashi laughs.

"All that over math class?"

"Well unlike you and Suga I'm no math genius."

"What about me?" Bokuto asks, a hand threading through Akaashi's hair.

"He excluded you for a reason. You got a 22% on your last math test."

"Akaashi! You promised you wouldn't tell!" Akaashi smiles smugly.

"Ops..." Bokuto whines and buries his head in Akaashi's shoulder, arms wrapping around the boy's waist. Akaashi smiles lightly and leans back into the touch before his face falls neutral.

"Ugh you guys are gross."

"Jealousy is not a good look on you Suga." Suga rolls his eyes and flips off the dark haired boy.

"Not jealous."

"Oh of course your not."

"I am not. I don't need a relationship."

"Right...just a hook up." Suga shrugs.

"Does the trick." Akaashi rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I could always tutor you. As you put it I'm a math genius." Suga pops the sucker out of his mouth to speak.

"Thanks but I don't have enough time for that. You could always let me cheat off-"

"No." Suga says with a glare pointing the candy at him. Oikawa sighs.