---

Very much not part of the story but here, my poorly written Erwin one shot because i can ✨.

Angst (kind of ig), season 3 spoilers

"...Do you have to go?"

Your husband laughs from under you, you hearing the rumbling laugh from where you were laying on his chest. "Yes my love," He gently rubs his hand along your arm "I do."

"Erwin, you just lost an arm, the survey corpse just got out of a lot of trouble, and Levi and I both feel like you should stay. Levi and me, both." You sit up to look Erwin in his eyes so he knows your serious.

Erwin gives you a gentle smile to reassure you. His arm wrapping around you in a one armed hug. "It'll be alright my love. We'll come back safe and sound."

You squint at Erwin before letting out a deep sigh and nodding. "Promise?"

Erwin nods "I Promise."

I guess promises are meant to be broken.

***

It was your usual shift at the bakery in wall rose. The usual crowd of teenagers came in after school with their pocket change, getting as many sweets as they desired before heading out once more, mothers came by for bread or other things that would fill the table for supper.

"Y/N,"

You hum turning to your boss who only points to his ear, the sound of bells ringing is now obvious to you. Without even realizing your features brighten.

"Ha! Look at you Y/N, you look like a kid who's about to get a present." One of your female coworkers, Jassabelle, grins at you.

"Ah, how could I not be? Those bells mean that the survey core is back! That's a good thing you know." You smile back at Jassabelle who's gaze flitter's from the gold band on your left ring finger then back to your face.

"Well, tell commander Erwin I wish him and the military branch well."

You grin at the strawberry haired woman "I sure will."

"Alright you two! Quit dilly dally'n and get to work!" Your boss commands.

"Yessir."

"Y/N, here." A basket is handed to you with a white sheet covering it but it does nothing for the bread poking out of the sides.

You walk outside, a basket of bread hanging off your arm, as you head to one of the newly erected orphanages inside the wall thanks to Queen Historia. While this one doesn't have kids from the underground it does haven the kids off the street.

While walking towards the gate of the orphanage you give a grin to the MP's guarding it. While Levi and Hanji obviously had no care for the corrupt military police you and Erwin knew Nile and a few other military police officers that weren't so bad, these two included.